I know SPADs are out of style, but...

SPAD Combat designs and discussions
For more, visit http://www.spadworld.net

Moderator: hbartel

skyflyer

I know SPADs are out of style, but...

Post by skyflyer »

I was building this plane around St. Patrick's Day (havn't gotten a way to post the pics until now), and the radio station i had on kept on playing this commercial for a huge St. P's day party, so that's where the name comes from. I also had a hole punch in the shape of a clover that I could use on sign vinyl.

A convinient way to fill the tank (very difficul otherwise with the rear needle valve ones:

A different way to mount an aileron servo, protected, looks good, easy to put on the rubber bands:

fancy switch:

Sky S
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Royal City Radio Control Club
My Homepage
Email

"Experience is measured in mistakes that one has learned from."
RH

Post by RH »

Hey skyflyer, I'll get my pics posted as soon as I have a spare minute. Let's see some of the other SPAD combat machines out there. I'm thinking there might be more of us than we think [;)]

rh
David

Post by David »

Skyflyer,

Great looking plane! Don't worry, I don't think SPADs will ever go out of style! A short while ago I was at the Lonestar Nationals at Paris, TX which turned out to be the largest combat meet ever held in R/C history. We had about 61 pilots in the SSC part of the competition, and there were SPADs out there holding their own, and kicking some serious butt!

If you look through some of the pictures in the Debrief http://rccombat.com/forum/topic.asp?TOPIC_ID=10577 you can pick out SPADs. I've heard of clubs that are having SPAD-only combat and fun fly events.

I can't imagine ever NOT flying a SPAD!

Blue skies,
David
skyflyer

Post by skyflyer »

goes to show that it's the man who makes the plane, not the plane that makes the man.

Sky S
Santa Fe, New Mexico
Royal City Radio Control Club
My Homepage
Email

"Experience is measured in mistakes that one has learned from."
SpadCat

Post by SpadCat »

I 2nd that Skyflyer. It is hard to have so much fun for so little time, money and effort with any other design. At the event in Las Vegas recently, a 48" Spad flown by a 1st time combat flyer took 1st place flying against our best pilots out here with the best airframes, including Falcons, Go-Devils, Cobras and other Spads (one of them mine). I will have a new non-Spad in the next event, but my reliable and durable 48" Spad will back it up.

Screamin'SpadCat

Return to “Simple Plastic Airplane Designs (SPAD)”