Lets talk about wings.

So you got a hot plane, eh? Tell us why you think you're gonna be Top Gun this year!

Moderator: hbartel

Jimbo

Lets talk about wings.

Post by Jimbo »

First of all the reason I brought up the subject of a one design wing was because most pilots that fly a plane(openB)with a fuse use wings that look very similar(size and length). I'll be using such a wing for local contests. It would be great if all the guys that use such a wing could get together and decide on an airfoil so we could order a large enough quantity to get them ready to fly for $20. This would also be a HUGE help in keeping pilots in combat and getting new ones started.Your thoughts please.[:D]

Limited-B
Try it,you'll like it !
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Jimbo</i>
<br />It would be great if all the guys that use such a wing could get together and decide on an airfoil so we could order a large enough quantity to get them ready to fly for $20.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Where can you get a large quantity of wings RTF for $20 a piece?
Which_way_is_up

Post by Which_way_is_up »

The Chinese. . . of course. . . we could become the "Wally World of Wings"[:D]
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

I always wondered why Lanier didn't send a bunch of Rippers over and get them made into ARFs. Oh well, I guess it's better for us American Companies.

Alex's Airplanes Co.
Chris Quinn's "Battle Axe SSC" Kits, ARCs, ARFs
- MADE IN USA -
drewjet

Post by drewjet »

I think a Hersherybar wing 48" thick clark Y about 10" cord would be perfect. It is strong and easy to make because it could be done as one piece. You can use cheaper 48" fiberglass rods. with a 48" wing also it would cut down on the torque created on impact because it is closer to the fuse.

This is I believe the wing that they are using in Spec B and reports are good.

Return to “My plane is better than yours because...”