Geographic and Financial Displacement

This is where we discuss pilot recognition. What do you do to recognize Sierra Hotel pilots? Tell us your ideas!

Moderator: hbartel

THend

Geographic and Financial Displacement

Post by THend »

Here is a fun one. Out here in CA, I know for a fact we have pilots who can't or don't travel too much for what ever reason.

Yet, they are exceptional pilots. They win win win, and are gentlemen at the same time.

For the Southwest District I nominate the following pilots for their ability to "Get your streamer with Class and Style". Also read as, who is a sh!t hot pilot and a nice guy in your area you'd like to beat!

Russ Donnelly Open B (currently the only class he flies)
Sean Galt All classes

I thought this would be fun. Many of us are interested in the NPS, however, maybe we need to think about a Regional thing too. Out here, we can fly combat all year round, but can rarely get out to the rest of the country to compete since 9/11.

It might be a good idea to track the District Champs, along with the National Champs. I always used to look to see who in our District was on top in the NPS. This may entice locals to compete knowing they don't have to go National to be a Champ.

Any Ideas? Who is your Champ?

Cajun

Post by Cajun »

Sounds like a good idea to me Terry.

Here in the center of the country we get to see and meet more pilots than, probably anyone else. But, there are still a lot of names, that appear frequently on the forums, that we would like to meet but never will.

This would give us the opportunity to find out a little more about these area and regional leaders.

CAJUN [8D]
Lone Star Combat State
AMA-CD 174052
RCCA 380
NACOGDOCHES, TEXAS
MY MIND WORKS LIKE LIGHTNING,,ONE BRILLIANT FLASH AND IT'S GONE!!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

THend that is EXACTLY what Travis and I are working on with the NSCC. The NPS will be regional and will have a three or four month cycles, not one year like the RCCA NPS. This will give guys a fresh start more often so more people have a shot at winning an NPS title. We are also trying to figure out how to work out a one on one NPS.

Limited-B
Try it,you'll like it !
Which_way_is_up

Post by Which_way_is_up »

I'm sorry but I must be slow witted this morning but didn't you just say that you looked at the NPS scores to see where you and others in your area were already? [8)][?]

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by THend</i>
<br />. . . . . . . . . . . . . . I always used to look to see who in our District was on top in the NPS. . . . . . . . . . . . . . .

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

<hr noshade size="1">

"Tail end Charlie"
Matthew 7:6
<b>Cobra and Smack II Kits at</b> http://www.texascombat.com
montague

Post by montague »

Yes, you can look up everyone in your area, if you know who they all are, and do the legwork.

I think it would be cool to show the top guys by district, as well as the national standings.

Kirk Montague Adams
RCCA 560
http://www.MidAtlanticCombat.com - Combat in the Mid-Atlantic Region
THend

Post by THend »

Yeah, I guess I could clarify that a bit. By looking at the NPS, I can see who from our district is on top. But I feel it would be easier to see all of us separate from the rest of the country. Heck, by the time I find my name, I am tired of looking[:p] Plus, I don't always recognize pilots names from my district.

We are actually thinking of keeping track, and including the Non-RCCA members as well. This way, maybe they will be motivated to keep on flying. It is easier to be in the Top Ten in your Region, than in the Nation. A guy might feel better about "going for it" if he sees his efforts on a more local level.

We'd end up with a whole lot more folks feeling like they are on the top. Of course a National Champ is still a National Champ!

Finally, I am not expecting to place more burdon upon our volunteer staff of the RCCA. I think we could do this on our own.

Which_way_is_up

Post by Which_way_is_up »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by THend</i>
<br />Yeah, I guess I could clarify that a bit. By looking at the NPS, I can see who from our district is on top. But I feel it would be easier to see all of us separate from the rest of the country. Heck, by the time I find my name, I am tired of looking[:p] Plus, I don't always recognize pilots names from my district.

We are actually thinking of keeping track, and including the Non-RCCA members as well. This way, maybe they will be motivated to keep on flying. It is easier to be in the Top Ten in your Region, than in the Nation. A guy might feel better about "going for it" if he sees his efforts on a more local level.

We'd end up with a whole lot more folks feeling like they are on the top. Of course a National Champ is still a National Champ!

Finally, I am not expecting to place more burdon upon our volunteer staff of the RCCA. I think we could do this on our own.

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">

Actually the biggest problem with the idea is that in some areas about 50% of the combat pilots aren't RCCA members and so the score keeping would have to been done on a local level. We've done it in the past with the North Texas Round Robin Series.

Terry, you're definitely right, specially about the "burdon upon our volunteer staff". [:D] We're losing Doug Goldman as it is. Just thinking about all those score sheets that Doug goes through and double checks and inputs makes me shudder and I thought my job was ugly![:0]

<hr noshade size="1">

"Tail end Charlie"
Matthew 7:6
<b>Cobra and Smack II Kits at</b> http://www.texascombat.com
THend

Post by THend »

I was definately talking about a local level thing so that non RCCA folks could see their standings. Maybe, they'd get hooked enough to actually join to show their support for combat.

If I hadn't taken a promotion here lately, I could have helped as I used to have a ton of down time at work. Not anymore!

Trust me, you volunteers are really appreciated.

RH

Post by RH »

This is what we do at a local level http://www.milehirc.com/cocoa/

This includes the non-RCCA guys and is a fun little local competition. Of course you have to have someone who is willing to set it up and maintain it. Thanks, George!![:D][8D]

rh
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

RH,

Great site and a terrific idea for growing combat in your area! I hope that we keep track of the NTRR scores again in 2005 ... I think this helps the non-RCCA pilots to stay in the game, and promotes the local activities.

Ed

Ed Kettler
RCCA 533
AMA 730493
Plano, TX