2005 Nats Day One

This is the big one ladies and gents, the AMA Nats

Moderator: hbartel

Lou Melancon

2005 Nats Day One

Post by Lou Melancon »

We flew 5 rounds each of Open B and Scale 2610. Here is what the site looked like early in the morning:

<center>Image</center>
<center>Image</center>
<center>Image</center>
<center>Image</center>
<center>Image</center>
<center>Image</center>
<center>Image</center>
<center>Image</center>
<center>Image</center>
<center>Image</center>
<center>Image</center>
<center>Image</center>
<center>Image</center>
<center>Image</center>
<font color="red"><b><font face="Arial">Scale 2610 Scores at midway point:</font id="Arial"></b></font id="red">
<center>Image</center>
<font color="red"><b><font face="Arial">Open B Scores at midway point:</font id="Arial"></b></font id="red">
<center>Image</center>
Thaman

Post by Thaman »

looks good but a little wet :)
Web-Pilot

Post by Web-Pilot »

WAY TO GO TOM!!!!!

Keep it up!

George
RH

Post by RH »

TomBoy, bring it home to Colorado!!!!!!!

rh
Air Scharnell

Post by Air Scharnell »

[8D]Way to go TOM!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep it going!!!

Happy Fyin'
Jan
The Snake

Post by The Snake »

Hey Tom is a great pilot! Great job Tom!!
RCCombatGuy

Post by RCCombatGuy »

Wow!
I thought there were more pilots attending this year. Now I feel bad about attending my daughter's State softball championships this weekend instead of being with you guys!

Scores are usually affected by the number of pilots flying in each round. In other words, it sometimes hard to get 8 cuts with only 6 people in a heat.
How many are flying in each 2610 Scale Heat, and how many in Open B?
Pat_Willcox

Post by Pat_Willcox »

2610 had 5 up heats and Open B was 7 up heats. Flagging tape was used today and that also cuts down on the scoring. Still a good time had by all.
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

Hey Guy's

How about a little up-date on the Nats scores and other things going on? The number of pilots may be a little low this year, but it's still "The Nat's" no matter how you look at it! Just the most important event of the year! So for the very unlucky (Like Me)and others that didn't get to make it, I'd sill sure like to know how things are going. Who's kicking Butt this year and who's holding back for the final 5 rounds? [:D] Shoot us some info if you guy's can find the time and fill us in on the "2005 RCCA Combat Nat's" Still the greatest combat meet of the year. I don't care how many showed. Hat's off to the Die Hards that did make it!!! Also, I hope the weather is holding up fpr you all!! That's a big deal this time of the year in Muncie, but sill think it's the only TRUE place the Nat's should be held. But, That's just my .02.

Thanks Guy's! And GOOD LUCK TO ALL!!!
Ben
RCCombatGuy

Post by RCCombatGuy »

Good point Ben! Let's cheer these guys on!

I looked at the local radar and it looks like what's left of hurricane Dennis is still causing thunderstorms to grow right over the AMA site!

It reminds me of one of our first NATS where Andy spent so much time in the puddles he could have had webbed feet!

Good Luck Combat Pilots! You're our Heros!
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

Also,
Who's Trailer is that with the swing out door in the middle?? Very Nice! Is it someones Battle Wagon?? If so, it don't get much better than that![8D]
boiler

Post by boiler »

Ben, that trailer was rcca central for the meet. AMA furnished it. The frequency pins, scoresheets, streamers, and such were all stationed there. They also had a couple of rain shelter type tents set up with tables. Got back home about 2 1/2 hours ago. Low scores were caused by flagging tape that was very tough. I had at least 8 drapes in open b. My leading edge was stained red but held no streamers. You know how poor a pilot I am, so if I had 8 drapes you can guess how many Kirk, Brian, and Lee had.

Return to “AMA RC Combat Nationals”