2005 Combat Nationals- Thank You

This is the big one ladies and gents, the AMA Nats

Moderator: hbartel

Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

Just wanted to drop in and show a BIG CONGRATS to all the folks that had such a fine amd FUN time at the "2005 RCCA COMBAT NAT's" Really sounds like you guy's had a real blast, Good weather or Bad! Either way it seems like the "Combat Gods" smiled on everyone and had a wonderful time!! Congrats to all the winners and all others for just being there! Can you guy's believe that "Kid" they call Gilkey?? From all the great pictures, he's not much of a "Kid" any longer, just a hekava Combat pilot! Hat's off to all you guy's and hope to see and shoot the Bull with you guy's while in Bon Aqua. I'll be opening the Hobby Shop at 2pm that day and will give me some time to get to see some good ole combat again! I'll be there for a shoprt visit, until I have to leave for work. I won't be there to fly with you guy;s, but will be there ALL DAY in spirit! AGAIN Congrats to all of you at the Nat's this year! ........ Mark S, I'll never forget my first Nat's either! Just something you'll never forget. Glad you had a good time and a 10 cut round ta BOOT! Man, It just don't get any better!

<b>Congrats to all that Flew, Won, Didn't win, but had fun. And of coruse all the Guy's that helped and worked to help make it a sucsess!!! Congrats to all!!!</b>

Best Regards,
Ben
Feathers

Post by Feathers »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Brian was also eligible for "Top Junior Award", but declared it wasn't fair for him to be considered a Junior, and he stated that the awrd should go to fellow competitor Ryan Feathers instead. We fixed him right up with "Top Senior" plaque that we just happened to have <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

We're just back from camp. Imagine sleeping in a village of tents for a week a little too close to the wafting fragrance of the latrine...

I need to apologize for leaving so quickly after the last rounds of the Nats. The threat of the storm and rushing to get everything packed in a hurry combined with knowing that even with leaving as soon as possible I’d be driving until 1AM- and with needing to be in Northern Wisconsin by noon for camp on Sunday and I was ready to get started. I didn’t think I’d pulled anywhere near enough points on Saturday to hold onto a place in SSC (especially with 8-9-10 cut rounds being flown!). Forgot about the junior plaque and who would have thought Brian would do such a cool thing? Sorry you didn’t get to present that in person Brian.

While it isn’t quite the same thing as having the highest junior score I think that Ryan will long remember his Nats experience and the plaque will remind him forever that being a winner doesn’t have anything to do with numbers or streamers but sportsmanship, individual quality, and class.

Congratulations to you for not only flying and scoring so well but for showing true sportsmanship, recognizing that the “awardâ€
Dawg

Post by Dawg »

Well said Tim. The feelings at the award presentation were strong and heartfelt. Tell Ryan from me, he flew very well and keep up the good work in combat and especially in Scouting. [;)]

I hope to have the pleasure of flying with the Feathers Family and all my new friends again real soon. [:D]

Thanks for the memories!

Return to “AMA RC Combat Nationals”