NATS-winning AVENGERs and others

So you got a hot plane, eh? Tell us why you think you're gonna be Top Gun this year!

Moderator: hbartel

Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

Hey scott, how come Brian is never on the forum? Just curious.

Too bad you guys can't make it to Bon Aqua.
watchyerback

Post by watchyerback »

Alex,Scott's parole officer wouldn't let him cross the state line twice in a 30 day period of time.[:p] And Brian is too busy tuning his clarinette for Band Camp.[:D]

Besides, Brian's stomach is full from eating all our lunches at the NATS.[^]
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

I can't explain why he doesn't post much, he gets on the forums and reads but for some reason doesn't post much, guess he's at a loss for words (quite in contrast to his in-person persona at the meets, eh?). he'll come in the room and say "Dad, did you see blah blah on the forum?" but does not often post a reply. I think he does not like to type, reminds him of school.
thojo

Post by thojo »

doesn't like to type, hmmmmm... hands = typing and flying = hands, hope it doesn't remind him of school!!
aseaholm

Post by aseaholm »

Ed,

I ended up 16th in Q500 and 19th in Q40. My goal was to make it to the finals in both (top 14 in your matrix), so even though we got schooled I was still pretty happy. We learned a lot about what it takes to compete at that level. Basically, you just have to fly perfect, your caller has to call perfect, you have to be perfect on the needle, perfect with the prop, and then get a couple breaks. Other then that, just don't fart around, don't even thing about farting around... [:D]

It was like flying Wenger, Brian, Lee, Kirk, Dr. Evil, Tom Neff, and Andy P. every single heat for 6 rounds and sometimes you had to give them a little head start... Yikes!
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">It was like flying Wenger, Brian, Lee, Kirk, Dr. Evil, Tom Neff, and Andy P. every single heat for 6 rounds and sometimes you had to give them a little head start... Yikes!<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Sounds like my typical combat round[:D]

Sounds like you will be able to put that experience to good use in your events this year and next year at the NATS will be a very strong showing!

Best of luck!
Ed
montague

Post by montague »

Scott,
Brian IS flying better, airplanes aside. Both Melissa and I noticed that his style has "smoothed out" in the air. I think he's thinking tatically more, and flying on reflex less. At least it looks like it.

Melissa's comment was that in the past it always looked like Brian was "wild", throwing the plane all over the place with out a care in the world. That probibly lead to a lot of mid-airs. That doesn't appear to be the case quite as much. If you tracked his scores and mid-airs, I bet you'd see the scores get more consistant, and the mid-airs are probibly down.
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

Alex, I only post once in a while to avoid talking to much trash to backup [:D] (as hard as it is). I only post when certain unnamed people like Danille A. Stevens start talking bigger then their scores. Darin, you better hope that your slave driver, I mean boss dosen't let you out of work for next years NATS. The next time I fly against you I'm gonna take your streamer and stick my Clarinet (no second T or the E), and stick it where the sun only shines for your Boy Friend [}:)][}:)].

Of course I'm only kidding. Butt[:o)] (I'm done now), but I'll just have to have David Mcginnis beat you in the mean time.

Brian "The Kid" Gilkey
Dawg

Post by Dawg »

Brian,
Derwood, AKA Darin, beat the crap out of all of us at Hilltop but I have vowed revenge [}:)] in Tuscaloosa. I'll do my best to knock him down a notch or two [:p]
watchyerback

Post by watchyerback »

Brian "The KID" Gilkey, It is so good to have you grace us with your presence. I feel honored to share the same air with you. I hope BAND CAMP was a blast. I am only trying to elevate my game to your level. By the way.....I'm in for the NATS next year even if it is the only meet I make.[:p] My BOSS(myself) has already said I can go. The "OTHER BOSS"(wife)has even given me the green light.[:p] I will bring you a nice Southern Belle to take your eyes off the PRIZE![:0] I'll even try and get Quinn to join in on the RUCKUS and see if we can get you all frazzled.[xx(]

DAWG, I was always told that to elevate your game to a higher level you have to compete against a higher level. So all of this is your fault. You and the other Hilltop guys brought me under your wings and showed me the ropes.

Yes, I go over the top sometimes on the TRASH TALK but it is all in JEST! I am here to have fun.
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

Darin, you said the same thing twice- bringing "a nice southern belle" and "Quinn."

I know that was a lame joke but I couldn't resist....

I apologize for my kid, he FORGOT his own logon so he had to use mine to come on and talk trash. This is what I have to put up with, every time we go out to practice and he beats me.... But it will all end this weekend at our meet, where I will kick his, and every body else's, BUTTS.
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

Scott,
What kind of glue are you using in the workshop. Sure makes you dreamy doesn't it?

Return to “My plane is better than yours because...”