Moderator: hbartel

Hat Trick

change flight points

Post by Hat Trick »

Brief summary of your proposed change:
Change “Complete round flownâ€
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

I'm not to sure on this one. Goal is to reduce midairs but I'm not to sure it will help. Certainly could cause someone to win who may not deserve it??
montague

Post by montague »

I say "no" to this one. The noise that came out of the Dixie event, plus the senerios talked about all add up to this being a really bad rule.

I would not be against chaning the complete flight points rule to get rid of the mid-air "free pass". that's a 20 point reason to avoid a mid-air, but not enough points to cause someone to keep a damaged plane in the air when they shouldn't.
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

I flew the "experiment" at the Dixie Nats. In my opinion, and many others that I talked to, is that this rule had a very negitive effect on the event. Darrin Stephens, won the event with the 200 point bonus. By normal scoring he would have finished around 6th. I saw no reduction in midairs, eventhough Lou held the heat size down to 6 when we could have flown 8 up. This rule added a huge ammount of luck to the event and combat in the last 60 seconds of the heat was almost non-existant. A big fat NO for this one.
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

Sounds like we all agree to a no on this one.

Return to “Rules Committee Forum”