help with motor

What's a Watt? What's a Brushless? How many Watts are in a HorsePower? Help a clueless pilot out by posting your P=E*I Knowledge here!

Moderator: hbartel

Bender

Post by Bender »

Ron, good point I am 100% agree with you. Unfortunately I have no choices. I am trying to build scale 2548 legal aircraft (able to carry camcorder). Scale 2548 rules for twins have certain prop specifications.

Drew, thanks for answer. It is true - people already comply on problem with two brushless engines with one ESC. (Lee has noticed it in other topic).
I am very curious if somebody have solved the problem. What is a reason for such effect? (I am very unhappy if I do not understand reason).
Funny things are: every time only one certain engine goes down. No mater what wires is used for connection. (You can see on photo one line is little bit shorter than other. In any combination the same engine have problem).

Serg RCCA#635
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Serg,

At this point in time with electric twins, I'd prefer that you, Lou, Scott and others work together to find something that works and then we can adjust the rules for electrics to fit once the experiments are done. We have been issuing waivers for electrics in SSC to help find out what works and is competitive. If the current 8x3 props don't work, I don't want a bunch of frustrated members. We are too early in the life cycle of electric combat to cast things in concrete.

Ed
wrnstockwel

Post by wrnstockwel »

Bender,
Check the 2548 Scale board. I posted a recommended starting point, using brushed motors. I have flown a heavy twin (83+ oz) on 8 and 9 NmiH batteries, by switching to the lipos and lightening the airframe (same airframe Ed Kettler is using for his 110) I can get back down to 4 lbs.

Brushed speed controllers can run as many motors in series or parrallel as it can supply current/voltage for.

I recommend running them in series, as this will cut both motors, should one quit. I am in the process of building a lightened version and ordering batteries, test flite should be by the middle of November or sooner.

Scott
Rabbit Leader

Post by Rabbit Leader »

This probably belongs in the WWII electric section, but ya'll just might want to check this link out http://www.towerhobbies.com/rcwnews/050 ... a1192.html

Looks like SOMEONE'S been listening to us....
Which_way_is_up

Post by Which_way_is_up »

Hey Cash, those look exactly like the ones I was cutting on my CNC this spring. Everything except the fancy paint job that is! [:D]
rdc767

Post by rdc767 »

Copy cats. Looks like tower is about 6 months behind the rcca. Brushed motors suck.

Return to “All About Electrics”