Spell Checker

Discussion on usage, viruses, problems, tips and tricks.

Moderator: hbartel

Which_way_is_up

Spell Checker

Post by Which_way_is_up »

For those of us that are spelling "challenged" I've found an easy way to look a whole lot smarter with my posts by not having a lot of common words misspelled. It's http://www.spellcheck.net/ I used to use the spell checker in Outlook to review my posts before I hit the submit key. Now I can very quickly just use www.spellcheck.net. All you have to know how to get your text in and out is a "select all" with keys "ctrl-a", then copy with the keys "ctrl-c" and paste with the keys "ctrl-v". Now these are standard copy and paste key combinations that Microsoft has used from day one within their windows operating system but I'm surprised to find that there are still people that don't know how to "cut and paste". Anyway it takes about two seconds to copy the text into spellcheck.net, spell check it, correct any typos and paste it back here. Then we all look like Mensa candidates! [:D]

Enjoy
boiler

Post by boiler »

I've been using the Google toolbar to check spelling in any response box on the web. It works pretty easy or I couldn't use it. The only problem is I have to remember to check the check box before submitting.
drewjet

Post by drewjet »

I use to use the www.iespell.com before I installed the google toolbar. No need for cutting and pasting, just push a button.

Return to “Computer related issues - user supported”