Forestry tape all around

Any Open Class topic can be discussed here. Come on in and share your knowledge or ask a question. Best place on the Net to hang your hat on a windy day!

Moderator: hbartel

sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

ok, you win, i give up. some people apparently can't read. or don't pay attention to what they read. let's keep doin what we're doin cuz we're having so much success attracting and keeping newcomers. our membership roles are so bloated we wouldn't want more anyway. business as usual is the key!
Rabbit Leader

Post by Rabbit Leader »

Only reason we can't keep members is because we, as a body, B#@!! too much!!![}:)]

I hang out on the ACES forum, and they occasionally get into so disagreements, but nowhere NEAR the whining that goes on here...

Come on guys, let's just keep flying and having fun, and if we don't all agree on something, then that's cool, we'll find a middle ground and press on.
AIM

Post by AIM »

Yes the ball is in my court.
The intent of this thread was to test the water and see what people thought. Which has happened.
This thread now appears to be stuck on a few issues that neither party wishes to bend on.
Therefore in the next couple of days I am going to see what I need to do to propose a rule change and do so. I think FT has a very good practical application and would like to see this change happen.
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

Alex, btw, since you advocate "just using FT at our meets" I'd ask, since you did not like (note:understatement) the inclusion of electrics in SSC, why didn't you just choose to exclude them from your recent meet? you desired us all to have a common rule that met your concerns, but when you had a chance to act independently and outside the RCCA norm, you chose not to.

RCCA exists for a common set of rules, and for NPS. At least that's the argument I've heard over and over. So advocating independent action seems to be counter to the interests and goals of the RCCA. Otherwise the fun folks get from comparing their scores and performance across the nation is diminished.

As far as scores go, I don't care much. I don't fly much and the folks I pit for seem to do pretty well with the current streamer material. This proposal actually doesn't do me a bit of good other than the interest of growing the appeal of RCCA combat to newcomers and those who are growing their skills. I give.