Combat simulator or one-on-one games

Discussion on usage, viruses, problems, tips and tricks.

Moderator: hbartel

lightning

Combat simulator or one-on-one games

Post by lightning »

Anyone out there know of any Simulated Combat computer games? Especially one where two players can play remotely.
Ya know, cabin fever is gettin' pretty deep up here in the Northern climes so we need a distraction.
Anyhow, we have to get back in practice to beat those Southern guys who are probably out there in shorts and T-shirts as we speak.
Father O 5

Post by Father O 5 »

68 degrees with calm air when I went out and flew at lunch.......

Love that GA weather. Raining now though.
boiler

Post by boiler »

The St. Valentines day Massacre at Loganville will really be missed this year! We are getting up to 2 ft with 30 mph winds as I type. Some of the counties are issuing tickets if they see you on the road and you're not a doctor on your way to a hospital.
Fred420

Post by Fred420 »

Yea ....... how about a game on-line where we can play? [:p] I have not flown since Dec 15th and I am in withdrawls bad [xx(]
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

realflight g3 has an official forum that you can give input/ideas on "ADD ONS" etc. we atta tell em' to include some real streamer action on one of there add ons, that will be cool!
Vapor52

Post by Vapor52 »

Keith, a long time ago I used to battle some friends on-line with an F-22/ Raptor program.(Best Buy?) It was jet combat, but it was realistic. You might check it out. I flew it with a joystick and the program was tons of fun mono also----------rick
lightning

Post by lightning »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Vapor52</i>
<br />Keith, a long time ago I used to battle some friends on-line with an F-22/ Raptor program.(Best Buy?) It was jet combat, but it was realistic. You might check it out. I flew it with a joystick and the program was tons of fun mono also----------rick
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">Thanks Rick, I'll check it out but I'll have to wait for this snowstorm to pass first. Not quite as bad as around Bob's way but it's pretty messy out there!
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

Keith, the best/only online combat game I know of is Socom, brian played it for quite awhile until the guys who had all the cheat codes ruined it. There was a Socom III (I think) that supposedly immune to the codes. It's for PS2, I think. Not exactly what you were looking for but it's "combat!" And pretty cool!
boiler

Post by boiler »

Get a gym and a couple of slow sticks. Cut a roll of the 1000 sheet scott tissue into about 5 rolls on a band saw. Attacht the tissue (about 15 ft) with a piece of masking tape and chase streamers. It worked for me last winter. I plan on pitching my 3696 into the air in my backyard as soon as the temperature gets up to about 30. Need some test flights before the Lone Star Nats in only 4 weeks.[:p]
EK

Post by EK »

With G3, you can record a flight segment and then replay it while you're flying. The segment just keeps looping until it's stopped. It's not combat but a healthy dose of tail chase if you can ever get there.
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

If they can do smoke, they should be able to do a single streamer. I flew one at the HS that had short streamers on each wingtip. The technology is out there, it would be cool if one of the manufacturers would add it.
slam

Post by slam »

G3

there are a couple of planes with streamers on the tips, you are supposed to be able to put the streamers on other planes (haven't figured that one out yet).

the streamers follow the plane realistically but don't react to outside imput.....another words, you can't cut the streamer.....i've tried.

i'm sure they could change that if they were so inclined. this simulator is amazing though. the leaves move out of the way from your propwash, it is very realistic.

slam
boiler

Post by boiler »

A week before my first ever real combat meet I got something like combat from my G2 system. I recorded a flight with a maneuverable plane flying close in randomly. I had a smoke stream in black that looked like a streamer. I planned to replay it and then give chase with the same plane that I altered the colors on to match my first planes. Everything worked except the smoke stream didn't replay. I was able to chase the othrer plane however.
spaddawg

Post by spaddawg »

Since I have not been able to get out and fly much other than Electrics these days I have been playing alot of
ACES HIGH II on line. Always a good time for me. Just look For SPADDAWG and you will find me flying P-38's or B-17s in the late war arena's.
http://www.hitechcreations.com/frindex.html

If you really like the thrill of WWII air combat it is tuff one to beat!

Return to “Computer related issues - user supported”