E Survivable Combat

Here's the place to talk about "Light" electric combat limited to Open designs with brushed motors.

Moderator: hbartel

Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

I think at that size blue foam would be just about as tough. From what I hear, it`s broken elevons and servos that sidelines a plane like that. That`s why it`s better to be the hitter than the hittee. I don`t think that guy is ever going to be able to take out that fence though.
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Rabbit Leader</i>
<br />Don, I'll take you up on that deal...if you want to ship them, I'll pay the shipping, or if I can get Bob or Lee to bring them down that will work too. Whatever works better for you, I really appreciate it either way. Thanks!!

Now I gotta put my money where my mouth is and make em' fly...[:D]

Cash
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Cash, just come to Jackson man... [:D] June 23! Be there or be square!
THend

Post by THend »

The record for EPP is like 207 mph, no engine..just a glider doing Dynamic Soaring. The slope head community knows how to build EPP, and I am sure it can relate to our needs.

BTW, the buils is carbon fiber rod for spar, and fiberglass tape, covered in Ultracote.

I planted an EPP flying wing a month ago, doing about 100 - 125 mph, and the fuse and wing are fine. I need to glue them back into position, but they are fine.

We, I can and have learned a bit from these folks. Hopefully, I can convert some of the techniques to combat.

Check out Leading Edge Gliders aka LEG, Jack Cooper from Kansas..

Oh, there are a crapload of 48 inch wingspan planes.
ZenManiac

Post by ZenManiac »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by THend</i>
<br />The record for EPP is like 207 mph, no engine..just a glider doing Dynamic Soaring. The slope head community knows how to build EPP, and I am sure it can relate to our needs.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
<font size="2">
Terry,

A flying wing with a fuse? [?]

I agree we can learn from each other, and am looking to learn from those of you with great insights in both areas.

Maybe the rest of the story about the next 0.2 seconds of this flight should be told ("catastrophic structural failure" might be the best term):
http://www.tuffplanes.com/SuperTron60/S ... 207MP1.mpg

We may have to limit our EPP combat speeds to 195 mph. [8D]

Of course, powered combat planes have their differences from slope:

1. Slope combat planes don't have to waste weight on non-structural components, like engines and fuel.
2. I doubt that slope combat planes generally reach speeds of 50-80 mph during collisions.
3. In slope, depending on the hill and wind conditions, sometimes more weight is better, but rarely in powered combat.

I'll admit that my personal experience in slope combat could fit on the head of a glow plug, but it's never stopped me from commenting before [:o)]</font id="size2">

Return to “"Light" Electric Combat”