Sureflite P-40

What's a Watt? What's a Brushless? How many Watts are in a HorsePower? Help a clueless pilot out by posting your P=E*I Knowledge here!

Moderator: hbartel

barrelracer

Sureflite P-40

Post by barrelracer »

I have a old sureflite kit and would like to go with electric on it.I am thinking going brushless and Lipo batteries,but not sure motor size/size of controller etc.If I was going with gas my choice would be simple I would put a glow 46 in it and fly,but with electric a bad choice could smoke a lot of stuff which I do not want to do.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Rich Acheson, one of our members, had one of these and it flew well on a 25. build thread can be found at http://www.rccombat.com/forum/topic.asp ... Terms=p-40
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

If a 25 will fly it, then what I`ve used for 2548 would probably work.

What basic prop/rpm do you want? How fast do you want to fly?
barrelracer

Post by barrelracer »

I would like to keep it in the 40 glow size warbird speed and performace range.I am going to keep the fixed landing gear on it and use a rudder allso.I am not looking for 3D performance.I have keep it pretty light soo far.I have glassed the whole plane etc with .75 oz glass and half/half thined z-poxy.I plan on spraying it with OD green water based paint.This will be my first electic plane soo I do not want to make a mistake with my motor/controler choice.I am allso going to use the smallest servo,s I can to keep the weight down.

Return to “All About Electrics”