Hattrick RC Kits

All things related to 2548 Scale

Moderator: hbartel

sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

oops, sorry randy, never thought of it. WWII speak, and all. post revised, no offense intended.
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Just to be clear I appreciate what Hat Trick is doing and he will even tell you I have been E-mailing him I want more of his planes I even asked for beta versions to test. It was just my opinon about the good and bad quailties of the 2 planes he is producing now. The bottom line is that both planes are competive and a great start to get someone off the fence about flying scale combat. Or in my situation, in Florida we dont use blue foam in building and it is a special order, I dont have foam cutting gear, and we fly year round so build time is valuable. Hat Trick kits are the only way I could build to compete in 2548. I built 1 Hellcat from foam the Drewjet cut and the plane flys great but the build time was long. This is were kits shine and it is not uncommon for our 2548 meets to have 5 or 6 Hat Trick planes flying against each other. Check out this photo.

http://www.rccagallery.com/albums/Chris ... le0002.jpg

5 are Hat Trick Zeros and the P51 on the right is my Hat Trick Mustang.

Mike I still need 2 planes and all those wing parts we have been talking about. I'll expect my discount for promoting your planes ;)

Mike, its only money just throw the stuff in a box and give me a total. I will take whatever 2 planes you have cut. just make them the same type.
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

Brian and I built his Zeros in about one week, just before the 2005 NATS. I test flew them the evening before ( i can't remember where he was), just after flying some new Open B AVENGERs. That was a mistake as I was really disappointed. I worked on them a lot for aileron camber and balance point and got them flying the best I could. Next morning Brian and I headed to the field, before leaving for Muncie. Threw the planes up and they were flying sweet! Not flying them after a honkin' B plane helped. They'll turn a bit more than one full turn before snapping out, have decent speed, excellent vertical and roll rate. They are very stable and predictable which makes them an awesome pursuit plane. Take some time to dail 'em in and you will be pleased with them. Ours are about 2-3 ounces over min weight.
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Thats the cool thing about the zero. They build quick and straight. You also can be generous with the bidi and be good on weight. This might be the big push towards the zero.