E to Glow equivalency chart

What's a Watt? What's a Brushless? How many Watts are in a HorsePower? Help a clueless pilot out by posting your P=E*I Knowledge here!

Moderator: hbartel

THend

E to Glow equivalency chart

Post by THend »

http://www.maxxprod.com/mpi/mpi-264.html

I thought this would be helpful to some degree.
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

It may be OK for sport applications, but is not applicable for high performance models. They show the .25cid equivalent to produce 300w. An FX 25 with a stock muffler produces over twice that. A Webra 25 on a moose can produces about 3 times that amount.

Remember, these guys are selling motors. Put their 25 combo on a combat plane and see what you get. It won`t be pretty.
THend

Post by THend »

You know Lee, I was thinking exactly this:

"I bet this crap works for most folks, but oddly enough, RC Combat always seems to defy the norm"

We really take the equipment to a level that average RC pilots can not conceive.

Probably the only way we will ever know, is to take any and all motors and put them on a fixed stand and test them for static thrust.

I can see the industry trying to keep it "clouded" so that the collective "we" keep buying stuff and nobody owns the market.

Anywho, I thought it interesting enough to share..
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

Thats the whole issue with electrics! No way to compare with glow!
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Don`t get me wrong Terry it is a useful chart, but it`s designed to guide the average sport flier. Also they are pushing outrunners, which are more efficient than inrunners, and match sport ic applications at lower watt levels. The current large outrunners, however, can`t handle high rpm applications.
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Thats the whole issue with electrics! No way to compare with glow!

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Mike Fredricks

<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Prop and RMP limits seem to work pretty well.
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

Except in Open classes
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Come on Mike, you, of all people, worried about performance in Open B? Give me a break.

Return to “All About Electrics”