How to post / attach images???

If you're new to combat, you probably have a bunch of question. Check here first, 'cuz its most likely been asked before. (..and there's no such thing as a stupid question).

Moderator: hbartel

gsjames

How to post / attach images???

Post by gsjames »

I have been trying to figure out how to post/attach images to forum messages. Clicking on the "insert image" button on the message composition page inserts an html tag. I have tried inserting the complete file address (on my computer) between the opening and closing tags but to no avail. There has got to be a simple trick to this that I am missing out on. Can someone provide a hint? Thanks
boiler

Post by boiler »

The pictures are posted on the rccagallery.com then what you insert in your forum message is the address shown after clicking on the properties of the rcca gallery image. It's a bit of pain to do but the reader has an easier time of viewing the images. Don or Roy should be able to help you get registered on the gallery if you send them an email.
gsjames

Post by gsjames »

Thanks Bob. I knew that there had to be something that I was overlooking.
Blue Note

Post by Blue Note »

<font color="blue">...and why can't I ever edit the first post of a thread I start??? [:(!] I keep getting this message :

<font color="black"><b>Note: Only the poster of this message, and the Moderator can edit the message.</b></font id="black">

...I think I would qualify...</font id="blue">
ZenManiac

Post by ZenManiac »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Blue Note</i>
<br /><font color="blue">...and why can't I ever edit the first post of a thread I start??? [:(!] I keep getting this message :

<font color="black"><b>Note: Only the poster of this message, and the Moderator can edit the message.</b></font id="black">

...I think I would qualify...</font id="blue">
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I have the same problem, and emailed the webmaster awhile back, but never got a reply.

-= Dave
boiler

Post by boiler »

I think that is just a message. Go ahead and try to edit it and see if it takes.
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Gary, you can actualy use any pic that is hosted on any site. I have a gallery page, but sometimes I just post pics to my blog on RCG (because it`s easier) and then use that address in the link. Works fine.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Let me re-phrase Lee's statement a little. <u>Most</u> photo hosting sites and other forum platforms all you to collect the Properties and link through to cross post pictures; however, some sites do not allow this feature. A good example of a site that doesn't support this is Snapfish (at least I can't figure out how to do it)
o1moregil

Post by o1moregil »

just right click on picture from a site, go to properties highlight the adress and copy, paste address on the forums and then add at the beginning this code [ img] and at the end add this other [ /img]
thats it.

for an example in getting Ed's avatar picture:
it is located here: http://jwtfamily.org/rcalbums/ekettler/ ... il_001.jpg
nothings shows up right?.. now if you add [ img] at the biginning, and [ /img] <b>(no space inbetween [/ )</b> at the end you will be able to see it like this...

Donduck73

Post by Donduck73 »

Just to let everyone know that I am working on a solution to all the problems we have with the forum. I am planning on upgrading the forum later this month. I am also going to combine the forum and gallery giving us easier access to the pictures. The site will have to be taken down during that upgrade which is why I am waiting to do it during the christmas Holidays.
ZenManiac

Post by ZenManiac »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Donduck73</i>
<br />Just to let everyone know that I am working on a solution to all the problems we have with the forum. I am planning on upgrading the forum later this month. I am also going to combine the forum and gallery giving us easier access to the pictures. The site will have to be taken down during that upgrade which is why I am waiting to do it during the christmas Holidays.
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">
Thanks for all your work on the forum, Don.

-= Dave
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

That would be cool Don. I think it would increase the number of pics posted and we all like looking at pics instead of just reading text. Thatnks for the good work that you do on the web site!
THend

Post by THend »

I couldn't imagine trying to maintain a website...

Thanks Don and all the others over the years that have managed to keep the RCCA up and running.
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

Don, that will be a real improvement, it is a bit of a hassle to post images to the site with the current system. Thanks for all your efforts to keep the site going smoothly!
boiler

Post by boiler »

Just plan on the site being down between Christmas and New Year. It it takes less time, Don deserves a medal.