Spitfire

All things related to 2548 Scale

Moderator: hbartel

combatgoblin

Spitfire

Post by combatgoblin »

This is the same airplane I was using in 2610 years ago so I deceided to try it as a 2548 class airplane and it still flew good.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Nice job on the wings, Don. Did you cut them yourself?

I have a Spitfire I've built but not yet flown, using wings that were cut by Petr Bachan
combatgoblin

Post by combatgoblin »

Yes I cut the wings. This is an old combatgoblin models Spitfire that
I used to sell for 2610 its only 40.5" soon I hope to start making them at 48".
THend

Post by THend »

Don, I thought that was you! Don was kind enough to donate a Spit for one of our 2610 contests. The guy that won it just loved that plane, I couldn't get him to fly it in combat though[:p]

I had one of these too, and it flew very well. I managed to re-kit the plane due to a mid-air with a FW190 during a contest at Palomar.

Ed, did Petr ever give you the numbers for the 48 planform? I want to cut these wings the way Petr did. I am still working on the fuse as I am learning some new software for the cnc.

Don, glad to see you still in the mix. Are you still in Florida?

Regards,

Terry Harner
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Terry,

Here's the link to Petr's info on the wing: http://www.rccombat.com/forum/topic.asp ... s=spitfire

Ed
combatgoblin

Post by combatgoblin »

yes I'm still in Florida.After flying this plane today I'm not so sure it needs to be be made bigger it launched easy and still flew really well at 14480 rpm's.I might change the way its built to be more durable but thats it.