.30 engines in 2548

All things related to 2548 Scale

Moderator: hbartel

Bruce B

Post by Bruce B »

took the head off of the gp.28. there is no haed shim,only a button for the glow plug to screw into.like a head on a 1/2a engine.the carb is also cast into the engine case itsself so there is nothing to try there.i was worried about the needle valve breaking at first, but after 2 hard dirtnaps it's still good and doesnt leak.the backplate is also different. it screws into the case like a plug.it has an o-ring groove machined into it and seems to seal well.now that i've had it apart we will see if it leaks.also included is a wrench like the cox.049's that fits everything on the motor.this weekend i am going to try a 10x3 apc prop and some 20% fuel trying for 14,000 or more.will let you all know
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

how much does it weigh? does it have a baffle in the muffler, and if so, can it be removed? (maybe you already did that and I missed it).
Bruce B

Post by Bruce B »

the motor weighs 11.2 oz with muffler.tried it on some 35% today and only got 13,600 with a 10x4.with 15% i got 13,200.when i got 13,9 with 20% before it was about 30 degrees cooler than it is today.would this explain the rpm difference.also noticed that on the 35% the motor would surge at high rpm(13,400-13,600)and i couldn't stop it no matter which way i went with the needle.responds well to needle adjustments but not too touchy.i wasn't running it lean and it never got hot.any advice out the

also, what is the next step in the rules change proposal?
boiler

Post by boiler »

Go to the members only section near the bottom of the combat forum. Click on provisional events. The first thread is on dates for rules change steps.
Bruce B

Post by Bruce B »

Thanks boiler.if i understand right this means that if passed the new rules wont go in to effect until halfway through next year(aug 1).is this right?
boiler

Post by boiler »

That appears to be right. The proposal should be submitted using your district rep. and the rules change form. It is under "start combat" at the head of the home page of rcca. It is available as an adobe file or word rich text format. The later , I think, can be edited with your proposal. Maybe someone can help me about how you can get three signatures? Would anything be easier than mailing or emailing the document around? Although it appears to be a PITA, it is much quicker and simpler than the AMA rules change cycle.
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

I've got it printed and filled out, but that's the big question, what do I do with it next?
boiler

Post by boiler »

I'm waiting to see if any of our computer geeks can help out so we don't have to use snail mail to get you signitures before sending it to your district rep. I could be wrong, but I think your district rep presents the proposal to the board/rules committee for consideration. Since this is 2548, I think there is a separate rules committee on that. Any comments Ed?
Bruce B

Post by Bruce B »

moved my response to the members section where the proposals are
Bruce B

Post by Bruce B »

i got the proposal from lightning today. i will take it this weekend and get it signed and delivered to my district rep.thanks guys