Base Loaded Rcvr Antennas

Here's the place to chat about radios, transmitter, receivers, batteries, and everything related to your radio gear.

Moderator: hbartel

Ed Kettler

Base Loaded Rcvr Antennas

Post by Ed Kettler »

Deans based laoded whips are discontinued. What else has been tried? Does anyone use any of these: http://www.hobby-lobby.com/antennas.htm?

Thanks
Ed
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

I've used several, on both single conversion and dual conversion receivers. The bottom line I got using them was that if your'e having trouble with a receiver glitching, they probably won't fix it. But used on any receiver that was established as reliable, I didn't notice any reduction in control or range, not that I fly very far away anyway.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Crash, which brands did you use and where did you get them?
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

Ed' I've used the "Azarr" antennas and like them a lot. E-cubed RC is the company, try a google search and you should find them. ONE WARNING, I've had some antennas with little plug-in pin connectors to attach them to a stub of the original antenna wire coming out of the RX, if you have a wing-mounted RX like I use, with the antenna wire strung along the wing surface, wing flex from tight turns, or an impact, can cause the pin to pull out! I've started putting slack in the antenna wire to help avoid that.
crash_out

Post by crash_out »

They were the "Litennas" that Jim McPherson made, and I got them from him before anyone started carrying them. They are solder on, and it looks like the ones HL carries are the same. They either carry the ones he is making, or bought the design from him and are having them made.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Thanks!