Fun afternoon at the field

Club combat? Dogfighting with buddies? Let's hear about it!

Moderator: hbartel

Bruce B

Fun afternoon at the field

Post by Bruce B »

David Turner called me today and wanted to go to the sherman field today and fly some ssc. He has a new battle axe and was trying to get it dialed in.we decided to go at it so he got out the falcon instead. Bob Star showed up too so we had three ssc planes in the air.David and i tangeled up in the second round and i suffered a broken prop. David ended up with a slashed fuel tank broken motor mount and i think some of the servo lead on the left wing.Oh well break out the battle axe.next round I suffered from a bad launch and looped into the runway.broke the motor mount,carb.and throttle servo.had a 25(28)48 corsair with me so we went at it again.flying too low,the wind rolled the plane into the ground,and bob followed it.He missed the ground but the fence got him.Davids new plane didn't get a scratch despite our best efforts.bob and i decided to call it a day because we were walking back with our planes and could barely hold on to them because of the 20 mph winds we had.even if you cant make the meets everyone should try some ribbon cuttin with your buddies at your local field once.Then you will want to find a way to the next meet.[^][:D]
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Yeah, we were doing really well with the carnage at the contest Saturday until we decided "one more round"![:D]

Combat starts locally. Go out and recruit some friends to get involved in some streamer chasing!

Return to “Sport Combat Issues”