Spad AT-6 Texan for SSC

SPAD Combat designs and discussions
For more, visit http://www.spadworld.net

Moderator: hbartel

draftman1

Spad AT-6 Texan for SSC

Post by draftman1 »

hey guys, check out my SPAD At-6 texan for SSC. the wing is done and the fuse is almost done. is this a first for SSC? a texan? I know its not a fighter plane but its my favorite wardird.
http://spadworld.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=16254
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

An SSC plane is "open" so it can look like anything you want, so a T-6 is great; I will be campaigning "cartoon scale" P-39s with enlarged wings and tail surfaces. The firewall is fuel proofed ply with a Dave Brown mount for the OS 15LA.

Looking forward to seeing further updates!
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

Thanks Ed. I just like the wardbird SSC stuff. I have a few others I would like to do also. people just like seeing the warbirds duking it out
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Good job on the Texan. Very cool, and I don`t think I`ve ever seen one in SSC. Big Thumbs Up. Lee
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

Thanks Lee, I usually like to do things different. the texan is one of my favorites, I just had to do it. so do I have the title for the first AT-6 in SSC? I know its the first all coro version
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

I'm all for semi-scale planes in SSC. I built two electric versions, and now have completed two OS 15LA powered versions of a cartoon scale P-39
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

wow thats a nice plane Ed!
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Thanks! Texas Flugwerks will be kitting them and selling them for $50, so they are pretty reasonably priced, can be built glow or electric, build right at 40 ounces for glow.

The electric comes out at close to 50, so we are going to re-think that one and come up with a lighter solution (42-44 ounces). It will be the same kit, just some different build techniques and accessories.

Return to “Simple Plastic Airplane Designs (SPAD)”