RC Combat Nationals 2009 Information

This is the big one ladies and gents, the AMA Nats

Moderator: hbartel

Donduck73

RC Combat Nationals 2009 Information

Post by Donduck73 »

Well we are only a few months away from the start of the Nationals. We really need everyone to Sign up Early if you plan on attending.You will also save the late fee. This should be a great event this year with 4 classes being flown. I am currently having the trophies made this is a example of the nice trophies that we will have this year.

The schedule for the NATS will be:

July 3 five rounds of SSC followed by five rounds of Open B.
July 4 five rounds of SSC followed by five rounds of Open B.
July 5 (6-7) rounds of 2548 followed by five rounds of Limited B followed by pizza at the field
July 6 remaining rounds of 2548 followed by 5 rounds of Limited B
Time for 3696 and 1/2A demos after each days activities

Schedule subject to change if we have rain problems. Every effort will be made to get in 10 rounds of each event.

Here are the entry forms for the Nationals.
Official Events Open B & SSC
http://www.modelaircraft.org/files/09NATSENTRY.pdf

Unoffical Events Limited B & 2548 "You will need to copy and paste this address"
http://www.modelaircraft.org/UserFiles/ ... yfm(1).pdf

Please make sure that you have also registered on the RC Combat site.

Here is the link to the Hotels that are in Munice.
http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutama/hotels.aspx

There is also Camping and RC Hookups.
http://www.modelaircraft.org/aboutama/camping.aspx
THend

Post by THend »

[:)]
THend

Post by THend »

[:)]
boiler

Post by boiler »

Rick Fraley told me you are misreading the AMA statement. For at least 4 years now we have held SSC Which was not an AMA event as well as 2548 and lately limited B at the AMA field during NATS. We have also had demonstrations of 3696 and limited 1/2 A. The AMA schedules time slots for the RCCA as well as other sigs for the NATS. The sig then provides the AMA with a schedule of official and unofficial events that will be flown. The AMA only recognizes AMA events as official NATS events but lets the sigs fly unofficial events during their time slots. The AMA only provides awards for official AMA events and the sigs have to provide awards for any unofficial events. At the NATS planning meeting in September all the sigs get together with the AMA and work this out. The AMA then provides entry forms for both official AMA events and unofficial sig events to be held at the AMA field during the sig's time slot. If a person registers for an official AMA event it costs $45 and any unofficial events are free as far as the AMA is concerned. If some one only enters an unofficial event, the AMA charges $10. The sigs charge anything from our $15 per event (AMA or sig) to over $100 per event. Sorry I didn't respond quicker. I've been away from home and pretty busy coming in last as I donate my streamer to the cause.
Serg

Post by Serg »

Hi Guys!

is it possible to fly if we will registrated just before the start?

interested in

July 5 (6-7) rounds of 2548 followed by five rounds of Limited B followed by pizza at the field
July 6 remaining rounds of 2548 followed by 5 rounds of Limited B
boiler

Post by boiler »

You must be registered with the AMA and have your badge in order to fly. If you register early you avoid a $10 late fee and you badge and materials are waiting for you at the old farm house. If you definitely plan on being there it is nice if you let us know on the sign up here on the web so we can get you typed into the matrix ahead of time to avoid a delay in starting.
Serg

Post by Serg »

Viat will fly scale 2548. Definitely we will sing in advance.
I am not sure about our guest. I hope same day registration will be available as usual.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Are you collecting the money for pizza at the field or should there be some money in the Banquet Fee section?
boiler

Post by boiler »

It worked out very well the last few years to collect money at the field for pizza to be delivered. A lot is going on with test flights and people have found this saves them a lot of time when compared to going to a restaurant or having a meal catered.
Viat

Post by Viat »

Hi,

So the schedule for 2548 is still on the same dates?
as shown below:
July 5 (6-7) rounds of 2548 ... .
July 6 remaining rounds of 2548 ... .
boiler

Post by boiler »

yes.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

What will be the pilot meeting and start times each day?
Vapor

Post by Vapor »

I'm open---how about 6:00 AM? :)
boiler

Post by boiler »

Sounds good to me but the Rebels would like to sleep till 6. Is 7Am OK with everyone???[:)][;)]
Vapor

Post by Vapor »

1st day is always a late start due to last minute safety checks, etc. We will try for pilots meeting at 9 & 1st heat by 9:30 - 10:00. Unless there are 20 last minute sign ups it does not look like we will be pushed---------rick

Return to “AMA RC Combat Nationals”