AMA Show 2010

Share your secrets for building safe, durable planes that kick butt!

Moderator: hbartel

tmelton

AMA Show 2010

Post by tmelton »

Here is the RCCA Booth at the 2010 AMA show. The guy's are doing a great job getting the word out about combat.

Glen Kratz (Cosmo) and Jason Erwin (sheepdawg)

Andy Erwin (draftman1-madman)

Terry Harner, hands in pocket to the left. Todd Melton (blind squirrel) blue shirt in the middle, his son in the back with the plaid shirt
lightning

Re: AMA Show 2010

Post by lightning »

Looks good guys, but tell me something.................... How does "Sheepdawg" see his 'planes :?: :?: :?:
Keith Jones
AMA CD #7601
Radio Control Club of Detroit
and proud member of the OGC
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

you got me on that one Keith! man he does take the abuse from the other guys! LOL he flys very well so he must have a sixth sence!
Andy Erwin
central CA
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

If you can put some names with the pictures that would be great!

Booth looks great!

Thanks a bunch!
Ed Kettler
RCCA 533/AMA 3739
Ft Worth, TX
Former target tug for the best RC Combat Pilots in the World!
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

first picture, Glen Kratz (Cosmo) and Jason Erwin (sheepdawg)

forth picture Andy Erwin (draftman1-madman)

Last picture Terry Harner, hands in pocket to the left. Todd Melton (blind squrrel) blue shirt in the middle, his son in the back with the plaid shirt
Andy Erwin
central CA
lightning

Post by lightning »

Andy, I copied the captions to the photos to make it easier for the OGC members to follow :lol:
Keith Jones
AMA CD #7601
Radio Control Club of Detroit
and proud member of the OGC
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

cool, thank you. that helps a bunch!
Andy Erwin
central CA
David Drowns

Post by David Drowns »

I was able to make it there by about 3:00 and the crowd was still pretty good. A lot of good conversation with people about combat and they showed interest in getting involved.

We took some info from other clubs where they may host an event. We'll show up and fly the event there.

We still have James, Butch and we'll see who else at the show today.

Things may continue to grow here in the west!!!
David Drowns
RCCA #951
Member of Palomar RC Flyers Fallbrook CA
http://pfcombat.hyperboards.com
AMA #702910
boiler

Post by boiler »

Good job guys. I get to sit in a booth the first part of April. Your booth looks good.
Bob (Longhaul) Loescher
rcca# 621 RC Combat Geezer
Bring those planes in closer where I can see them.
[url=http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11380][img]http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11381[/img][/url]
The End

Post by The End »

This was the best looking combat booth I can remember. The guys did a great job of being very approachable and knowledgeable about the topic of combat. We were literally at the front door of the convention and caught everyones eye. I was tossing around a coro Mig and dropping it on purpose, folks were like UH Ohhhh, and I was like "No problem, it is plastic and a combat plane..here take a look" and folks were pretty amazed.

Another subject to note.... there was a TON of folks also interested in the E versions of the combat planes and wanted to know if they could compete with the glow planes. The good news is that E is healthy for combat, there are a bunch of E enthusiasts out there and I think we will see much more E powered combat planes in the near future. The E-Battle Axe was a very big draw for us.....

Great job....
boiler

Post by boiler »

Maybe some kit makers would donate some kits for a raffle at the Toledo show this year as well as the AMA convention out there. E designs might be shown to all that buy a ticket as well as nitro. The proceeds of the raffle could offset the cost of the booth or could go to pay for memberships for new members.
Bob (Longhaul) Loescher
rcca# 621 RC Combat Geezer
Bring those planes in closer where I can see them.
[url=http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11380][img]http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11381[/img][/url]