Bullet Proof P-47N

All things related to 2548 Scale

Moderator: hbartel

Big Dog

Bullet Proof P-47N

Post by Big Dog »

Here are a couple of Pics of My. Bullet Proof P-47N. This is #3 "The Shell Pusher" I would have included 1 and 2 but they are being repaired from The Tangerine Combat Event. All 3 are specific to the 463rd Fighter Group and each is finished in chrome covering and has nose art. AUW averaged about 48oz and needed lead to make minimum weight. They fly great and with test flying on Friday before the contest I still garnered a 1st in 2548. Which is a testament to how great the plane flies. Grasshopper was particularly interested in my travel shell made from the "shucks". I just got tired of planes rolling around the truck/trailer and bending up the coroplast tails leaning on the side.

ImageImageImage
Craig Buttery
RCCA 874
Fly it like you stole it
Don Holmes

Re: Bullet Proof P-47N

Post by Don Holmes »

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT ?

Hay that is a sweet looking P-47. Almost as nice as my Shell Pusher. They do fly great.
I may have to take my P-47 to the Battle over Blue Ridge or I may just use the Oscar.
But you said first place right.
Don Holmes RCCA #957
Mid Atlantic Combat
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Yep ....I put a pic of the trophy with the plane. Plane 1 and 2 both have battle damage but both took it well and kept on flying. Very true to the work horse that the real P47 was. I just noticed your "The Shell Pusher" FYI plane 1 is "Expectant Goose" and plane 2 is "Chataugua". All Subjects from the 463rd FG
Craig Buttery
RCCA 874
Fly it like you stole it
Don Holmes

Post by Don Holmes »

Here is a photo of their patch. It was The 7th Air Force 507th Fighter Group 463rd Fighter Squadron.
I just have the one yellow tail. I have a blue tail yet to start along with another Oscar in the box.

Did you make up the Squall for the nose art? I would like to see photos of the other two after repairs
Attachments
7th.JPG
7th.JPG (13.54 KiB) Viewed 9980 times
Last edited by Don Holmes on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don Holmes RCCA #957
Mid Atlantic Combat
grasshpr

Post by grasshpr »

News Flash: BulletProof Models P-47 Thunderbolt a proven contest winner in the hands of Craig "Big Dog" Buttery. Film at eleven... If you keep that up we may have you fly the next contest with the shucks on the plane like in the picture. ;)
Chris Handegard
RCCA 481
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

I'm still repairing several prop strakes on the other 2 planes. I know the'r purt'y but you dont have to go chew'n em up. (well you Matt and Kenny)
Craig Buttery
RCCA 874
Fly it like you stole it
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

I have been partial to the P47 mostly because of The JKA version was my firs successful 2610 planes and they were a joy to fly. Likewise The Bullet Proof 2948 version is a sweet ride that gives me a lot of confidence so I could worry about streamers instead of fighting the snap/spin/crash.

Before 2610 or 2948 I was very far from a WWII plane buff but the added benefit for me is that when I build a plane I look up particular planes and the pilots. I find many interesting facts about these Heros that defended our country long before I was born. So I am still researching the 7th Air force. Seeing that my planes are N versions it seems the 463rd FS was primarily a high altitude bomb group.
Craig Buttery
RCCA 874
Fly it like you stole it
Don Holmes

Post by Don Holmes »

Did you see this plane is listed as being in the 7th Air Force and then the 20th Air Force.
Shell Pusher sound like a Fighter to me. So Big Dog is Top Gun now....

Did Bullet Proof planes take 1st 2nd and 3rd place?
Attachments
20th.JPG
20th.JPG (17.4 KiB) Viewed 9980 times
Last edited by Don Holmes on Thu Sep 02, 2010 3:42 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Don Holmes RCCA #957
Mid Atlantic Combat
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

I believe they did. P-47 was me that came in first . 2nd and 3rd I believe, was Chris flying Oscars and his Gecko. and Ken C was in the mix flying Oscars.
Craig Buttery
RCCA 874
Fly it like you stole it