HEY!! It me guys!! I'm BAAAAAAAACK!

If you're new to combat, you probably have a bunch of question. Check here first, 'cuz its most likely been asked before. (..and there's no such thing as a stupid question).

Moderator: hbartel

Ben Morrow

HEY!! It me guys!! I'm BAAAAAAAACK!

Post by Ben Morrow »

Just checking in guys....
by Ben Morrow » 17 Oct 2010 17:06

Hi ALL and hope everyone's doing very well out in RCCA Combat world! Last time I tried to post I couldn't get in and hoping this time it makes it through? This is pretty much just a test to see if I can post (Sure hope so) I miss you guys very much and think of you all more than you would ever thnnk!! I'm building small electric planes and flying in the yard pretty much. I hope to hear from you guys on this post and if this one goes through and none after that, you'll know I've been cut off again.

Take care everyone and just know Ole Ben "Hillbilly" Morrow misses the good ole days and the freinds I met!!

Later, (I hope) Ben
Ben Morrow
RCCA# 507
AMA# 497631
"Furball"?? In a Heartbeat Buddy!! ,,,, Bring those planes in a little closer so Bob and I both can see um! :-))
boiler

Re: HEY!! It me guys!! I'm BAAAAAAAACK!

Post by boiler »

Got ya loud and clear Hillbilly.
Bob (Longhaul) Loescher
rcca# 621 RC Combat Geezer
Bring those planes in closer where I can see them.
[url=http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11380][img]http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11381[/img][/url]
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

Hey,
Thanks Bob, it's great to be back and able to post a message to to old frineds! It just ain't right not to even be able to drop in and say hi, congrats to winners of contests and/or just a simple hello when I drop in. I don't know what the deal was and why I couldn't even place a post, but it's all in the past and all's good now! Now days I'm sure there are so many that don't have a clue as to who I am. New members and all that stuff. But I have noticed when I would try to log in there were many, many of the old vets still around and very active in the contests, so that's a great thing!! I haven't checked but I hope the RCCA is still growing like wildfire like when I left. Many may not know this but when you loose contact with people and in many cases people I considered to be very good friends that you've been friends with and batteled like WILD DOGS in the air it's not something you just forget about and drop from memorey, it's burnt in there and they pretty much stay there forever!!! Just too many good times and even better dog fights in combat! It leaves an empty spot in your life that just can't be replaced..... No matter what "Other Hobby" or sport you may have interest in your ole combat buds just seem to stay and you can't just forget them! It's been that way for me anyway. I always looked forward to seeing my friends even more than the combat part! Kinda strange I guess but that's just me.

I think but not sure that the new webmaster Donald Grissom may have been the reason or something to do with why I can get back in to say hi to old friends and if so and that's the case, Donald I owe you a HUGE Thank You and really mean that! Thanks so much, as you have no idea just what this means to me. I'll be watching more now and sure hope some of the old (Not really old) just around from when I joined in 2001 (Or was it 02??) It doesn't matter though, the main thing is that I can post again.
Heck Yea, It's good to be back and thanks so much to whoever is responsable for this!!!

To all my friends and fellow combaters, it's great to be back and thank you for letting me back in!!

ALL My best to you all and keep on Combat'n!
Ben "Hillbilly" Morrow YEA, I'm BAAAAAAAAAAAACK and happy to be here!!
Ben Morrow
RCCA# 507
AMA# 497631
"Furball"?? In a Heartbeat Buddy!! ,,,, Bring those planes in a little closer so Bob and I both can see um! :-))
boiler

Post by boiler »

Ben, the NATS is a place that many combat pilots get to socialize with other pilots that they may not see during the regular season. Of course they get to test the metal of the pilots as well. :wink:
Bob (Longhaul) Loescher
rcca# 621 RC Combat Geezer
Bring those planes in closer where I can see them.
[url=http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11380][img]http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11381[/img][/url]
mad

Post by mad »

Hey Ben, was wondering where you have been. Good to hear from you. Might need to get one of those for our winter gym fly.
Michael DeWoody
RCCA# 548
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

boiler wrote:Ben, the NATS is a place that many combat pilots get to socialize with other pilots that they may not see during the regular season. Of course they get to test the metal of the pilots as well. :wink:

"longhaul",I hate to say this but my NATS days are prety much done. 90 year old Mother needs 24 hr care and unless my brother just happens to step up and help at the dates of the Nats it's pretty much impossible. Plus there are many other factors besides that. It pretty much looks like my combat'n days are done unless it's something local. But hey, looking on the bright side, the days while I was in the mix at all the combats with all you guys it was just flat out great and something I'll never forget! Everyone knows things could change real quick and be lucky enough to get back on the RCCA trail, it would be just flat out awesome!! But for know it's just not looking good for any type of travel. The main thing I'm looking for is just staying in contact with old friends I've made on the RCCA Tour. I fought hard and gave it my best at each and every contest! Not to mention all the fine folks I met while hit'n all those contest, Man, what a BLAST it was while it lasted! But again, things can and do change so who knows. One things for sure, I'll never forget all you guys and the good times we had. And to be honest that means more than all the other stuff to me.

Michael, We need to talk here very soon! Just shoot me your phone # and count me in on some good indoor fun-flies or even combat. These guys combat these little planes too and replacment parts are very cheap!! I'm pretty much game for anything right now, just need to go fly with friends.

Later guys and take care!
Ben "Hillbilly" Morrow

Hillbilly
Ben Morrow
RCCA# 507
AMA# 497631
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

Good to hear from you Ben! Many of my best combat memories include you! When we test fly a plane and it is a good flyer our comment is "That Dog will Hunt" Still can clearly picture you taking your plane in the crotch so it wouldn't cross the safety line! Good thing it was a little cold so you had on your insulated coveralls! And then there is you and Buttercup playing pool. That was almost more intense than combat! Hope to see you at a contest sometime in the future! Us old farts can catch up!
Mike Fredricks
RCCA# 109
Home of Hattrick Enterprises
www.hattrickrc.com
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

HI HAT!!!!!,
Man I miss the good ole times with you FOR SURE and buddy we sure had-um! I remember all the things you've mentioned back in my memory banks (What's left of them!) Get'n kinda old down here buddy and if ever a doubt of me being a member of the "Old Geezers Club" there should be none at all now days! I guess it's been close to 6 years since my last big contest, not counting the contests in Jackson and didn't even have the planes and parts to make the last one. My old 15 size stuff are still the very same motors bought back when the class first started... Very Outdated! I just happen to remember one of the HIGH points of our Ribbon Cut's days and to me one of the best we ever did together and that was the "Ole" Wing Tip to Wing Tip Cartwheel while I was down low after someone running and doing all they could to keep me from getting that ribbon!! I know you remember that one? Left wingtip hung the ground, plane carwheeled without touching the motor, the hit the right wingtip on the ground and the plane bounced up, set there for a second (Not even moving!!) Then all the sudden the prop grabbed the air and off I flew for more good ribbon chasing combat! :-))) I'll NEVER forget that one!! You know it's things like this and everyone has their share that make it to where you just can't forget your combat'n days! They just keep on coming!! I miss ya my friend and hope to see you again someday soon!! Of subject here but do you still cut EPP foam? I have a few projects on the table, but would need your help to "Git-R-Done"!!

Take care my good friend and you stack at one of the top of the list that I'll NEVER forget for what you've done for combat in general. People, This is the MAN who help so much in keeping this hobby going!!

Your Bud forever,
Ben
Ben Morrow
RCCA# 507
AMA# 497631
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

That was a classic! Probably will never be repeated! I can still picture it plain as day! Two wingtip touch cartwheel and then fly away!

Oh the good old days!
Mike Fredricks
RCCA# 109
Home of Hattrick Enterprises
www.hattrickrc.com