Electric motors for 2548

All things related to 2548 Scale

Moderator: hbartel

dditch

Electric motors for 2548

Post by dditch »

If anyone is using E power for 2548 can you please list your
Motor (Link to where you got it if possible)
Battery cell and mAh
ESC
Prop your using (MAS 10x4 or APC 10x3)

I have 2 KI-43 kits on the way and plan to do one in E power and the other Nitro.
I THINK I have a possible brushless 900Kv motor I can use on a 6S 3300mAh pack, but have to find it and test it.

Thx
Don Holmes

Re: Electric motors for 2548

Post by Don Holmes »

Don't know about the E-power, but hope you do a build thread...
Don Holmes RCCA #957
Mid Atlantic Combat
dditch

Post by dditch »

I tested this motor tonight
http://www.hobbycity.com/hobbyking/stor ... oduct=4912

Hobby King 4240-900
900KV
I think I'm pushing the wattage and my wattmeter is showing 650-700 at prescribed RPM using my 6S helicopter batteries.
I have to use my best batteries to get the full RPM at 100RPM. It drops to 14000 within 30 seconds and ends 6 minutes of run time at 13000 using up 2800mAh.

I have 3000 and 3300mAh 6S batteries. With 3000, I'd have to really fly easy and conserve battery till "start combat"is called.

It should be usable but I only have one. I also have a monster Power 25 motor headed my way to try. I'll build the 2nd plane electric but I'll drill the fire wall and blind nut it so I can use Nitro if the Electric does not pan out.

Once again, Nitro I think works better unless you already have the Batteries, charger and a bunch of knowledge about electric.
I'll use the 50-60A Super Simple ESC's from hobbyking cause they are what I use for SSC and are CHEAP!
dditch

Post by dditch »

I did a flight maiden today. Based on the video I shot, I put back in 1648mAh on a flight that was 3:20. I will say that I did NOT fully charge the pack. I did a few 10 second runs in the basement during building and I ran another 30 seconds on the ground taching it (normally I spend 10 seconds taching cause my ATV is usually pretty close to where it needs, today it was way off for a new battery. So that's conservatively 500mAh per minute. 6 minutes of full throttle will give me 3000mAh. That's REALLY cutting it close. I will definitly need to manage my throttle with this pack. After I'm launched I'll really need to be easy on the throttle, more than normal. I may also find myself dropping throttle during combat if I'm not in direct persuit. I've found that with this motor and prop, I'm pushing it so much that dropping even 2000rpms will drop the wattage like 20%. With electric power, the rpm increase is nearly instantaneous, so if you wanna slow down and then speed up, it's not like a laggy Nitro. I'll try to record my recharge amounts on Saturday.
The gold HK motors are not known for good efficiency, I'll have to see if I can find an SK motor with the right wattage and Kv suitable for 2548.
I'm doing all this with a MAS 10x4. Maybe the APC 10x3 would be better?