Combat SPADs

SPAD Combat designs and discussions
For more, visit http://www.spadworld.net

Moderator: hbartel

RH

Post by RH »

You're not talkin about that sex wax stuff are you? Would sticky stuff still stick to that?[;)][;)]

You've got mail, surf board coro LE stuff, gotta try it [:p]

rh
RH

Post by RH »

Terry,

Got the surf board stuff today. Thanks!! Tuff is the word and soft too! Some real possibilities here. What can I send you in return to at least pay you back for the shipping? How about some home made raspberry jam from our patch in the back yard?

rh
tmelton

Re: Combat SPADs

Post by tmelton »

Here are a couple of new Whippets I put together for our first event of the year. I really like how easy they were to build. I have been used to building the Dave West / David Drowns Migs. These are not as pretty but will be fun in combat for sure. I just thought I'd give you guys a peek at what we are up to out here on the west coast. I think we are still pretty hooked on Coroplast. It's amazing what you can slap together with some gutter pipe and Coro.

Which_way_is_up

Post by Which_way_is_up »

A couple of great looking SPADS! Brings back memories of all the SPADs I built back in the late 90's. Lots of fun.
"Tail end Charlie"
Criticize by contributing

Roy Appleton
RCCA# Ex-541
tmelton

Post by tmelton »

These are the first ones I have ever built. I thought with the increased horse power of the new engines they would be worth another look. Do you think we should try a 60 inch wing instead of the 48?
RH

Post by RH »

Todd,

I'm not flying much combat right now, but when I get the chance it is with SPADs. I used to build my SPAD wings to try to withstand a wing to wing with a foam core. A tough row to hoe..... Now I just build light throw away coro wings. I have several 60" wings that fly very well. One of them has a ton of SSC rounds on it. It is pretty beat up but still flys well.

r
Randy Hodges
RCCA 745
AMA CD# 7458
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

those are awesome Todd, cant wait to see them tomorow. yes SPADS still rule!!!!
I use a 58" coro wing on my homebrew axe frames. fast, cheap and easy to build. not quite as durable as foam but they still fly great. I just make a few more wings, no biggie!
Andy Erwin
central CA
tmelton

Post by tmelton »

Squirrel Works helped complete a new Mig for Louie. At three partial days it is not that fastest build ever but it I think it made him pretty happy. The time it took to build it makes me better appreciate the Whippet. Another combat pilot is coming soon.

Return to “Simple Plastic Airplane Designs (SPAD)”