WAMS Spring SLAM

Pump your upcoming event here...location, cost, how many rounds, classes....etc!

Moderator: hbartel

gsjames

WAMS Spring SLAM

Post by gsjames »

Next up on the North Texas Combat Calendar is the WAMS Spring SLAM on Saturday, April 20th.

We'll fly 10 rounds of SSC or however many we can fit in before we run out of airplanes and time.

The field is a coastal Bermuda grass hayfield. It is not known if the grass will be high or low, but either way, it will work out. There are also some "water hazards" and a vicious "attack Llama" in the next field... :D

It's a little bit tricky to find, but everyone who is coming from East of Weatherford (pretty much everyone) needs to eventually get on to I-30 or I-20 westbound (whichever is easier for you) and just start driving West. Eventually, about 10 miles West of Ft Worth, I-30 and I-20 will merge and I-20 will be the surviving highway. Take exit #408 (South Main Street, Tin Top Road). Proceed West along the service road and cross South Main Street. Continue West along the service road to the next street and turn Left (South) on to Tin Top Road. There is a Home Depot on the right.

The field is located 3.9 miles south of Interstate 20 on Tin Top Road.

Our flying field is located in a hay field behind a residence:
Dan Zaugg Field, 3891 Tin Top Road, Weatherford, TX 76087. Look for the address on the mailbox. There will also be a white 24" x 18" sign in the yard that says "WAMS RC Flying Field". Turn into the driveway and stay left of the house. You'll see a dirt road ahead of you. Follow the road to the end. The parking lot and pit area is just east of the gas well pad.

GPS Location: 32.6740 N 97.7868 W Elevation: 997 ft

DO NOT SPEED!!!! The DPS regularly patrols Tin Top Road and loves to give out tickets. Guess how I know :( . The speed limit is 40 mph. Don't Speed.
Gary James
Weatherford, TX
RCCA #908
[img]http://www.rccagallery.com/albums/garyjames/Trample_the_Weak.jpeg[/img]
Quickdraw

Re: WAMS Spring SLAM

Post by Quickdraw »

Looking forward to my first combat action of the year at this one. I'm tired of chasing air. At this time, the weather man is predicting near perfect weather. Did I hear Bob say "ALL UP!"?
David E. Ebers Sr.
RCCA South Central Rep
Quickdraw #338
Bob Leone

Post by Bob Leone »

If I get my vote; all up, all up, all up, all up.
Buttercup
RCCA#627
Bruce B

Post by Bruce B »

Only had to repair one wing from a big hit with evan at the last meet. And replace the lipo in my radio because i left it on again. All charged up and ready to go now though so lookout.
I hope we have enough judges to go all up.
Bruce Blevins
RCCA# 906
AMA CD# 9031
Bruce B

Post by Bruce B »

Predicting some storms tonight and into tomorrow. Hope it's not too bad of a storm. We are working on a house in the middle of a field with no finished driveway. If it storms tonight or tomorrow we cant get to the house. If I miss work tomorrow because of rain I will have to work Saturday. We are behind and will be holding up other people if we miss a day. :(
Bruce Blevins
RCCA# 906
AMA CD# 9031
gsjames

Post by gsjames »

The latest weather report looks pretty good. It will be a bit windy (imagine that!!!) but no rain and the temperatures will reach into the low 70's. So, I hope to see you there.
Gary James
Weatherford, TX
RCCA #908
[img]http://www.rccagallery.com/albums/garyjames/Trample_the_Weak.jpeg[/img]
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

Looking forward to it :D

See you gentlemen there!
Dane "Mad Max" McGee
Greenville, Texas
RCCA Vice President 684