Tomahawk SSC - Build Manual / Thread

Any SSC class topic can be discussed here.

Moderator: hbartel

Dane McGee

Re: Tomahawk SSC - Build Manual / Thread - Now Kitting

Post by Dane McGee »

gsjames wrote:Nice work Chris. That has GOT to be the most detailed and best documented SSC kit and build thread ever done. Congratulations! Your exploded views are excellent!
I agree 100%!

Very nice!
Dane "Mad Max" McGee
Greenville, Texas
RCCA Vice President 684
Blue Note

Post by Blue Note »

Thanks for the compliments guys and thank you William for the testimony. I may still give up my ribbons, but at least I try and make you work for them.
Chris Gunter
East TN
RCCA #954
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Great work, very detailed manual. I started kitting my Zapdos but even my photos are not as good as these I guess I need a better camera.
Craig Buttery
RCCA 874
Fly it like you stole it
gsjames

Post by gsjames »

Ya know, as far as I remember, there has never been an RC Combat construction article in Model Aviation magazine. You've already done 99% of the work, you should fill it out with a little "boiler plate" text and see if they will print it. It would serve as an advertisement as well as an article and may bring in more potential combat fliers.
Gary James
Weatherford, TX
RCCA #908
[img]http://www.rccagallery.com/albums/garyjames/Trample_the_Weak.jpeg[/img]
boiler

Post by boiler »

Don Grissom writes for MA and is already looking at Chris's and William's planes.
Bob (Longhaul) Loescher
rcca# 621 RC Combat Geezer
Bring those planes in closer where I can see them.
[url=http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11380][img]http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11381[/img][/url]
Big Dog

Post by Big Dog »

Maybe Don can write about me doing rolling circles while you were chasing that damn knot. I definetly would need some better Build Photos.
Craig Buttery
RCCA 874
Fly it like you stole it
The End

Post by The End »

Wow, really nice work there, it takes a fair amount of time to slow down and document everything in detail. Great job!

TH
Donduck73

Post by Donduck73 »

Chris just sent me one to test and put in model aviation. It should be in the July issue.
Donald Grissom
RCCA# 722
RCCA Webmaster
[img]http://www.rccombat.com/images/rccombatsignature.jpg[/img]
Fred420

Post by Fred420 »

It has beenfun to watch Chris take his planes to this level. Congratulations ................ All of your hard work has paid off. And now there is another choice of planes of quality for Combat.
Dave "Sparky" Davis
RCCA #870
"Earth is the insane asylum for the universe"
"May you be poor in misfortune, rich in blessings, slow to make enemies
and quick to make friends. But rich or poor, quick or slow, may you
know nothing but happiness from this day forward. The way you lived yesterday determined your today.
But the way you love today will determine your tomorrow."
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Great job on documenting the build steps! Good luck with the design!

Ed
Ed Kettler
RCCA 533/AMA 3739
Ft Worth, TX
Former target tug for the best RC Combat Pilots in the World!
Blue Note

Post by Blue Note »

Tomahawk SSC kits are no longer going to be offered for sale due to lack of interest and support. Thanks.
Chris Gunter
East TN
RCCA #954
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

Blue Note wrote:Tomahawk SSC kits are no longer going to be offered for sale due to lack of interest and support. Thanks.
Chris, interest and support is hard to judge. Your kits and excellent build instructions have given RC Combat exposure than can not be measured.

Hang in there.

If you are offering kits to make a profit.....you picked the wrong business.

If you are offering kits to break even for your time and expenses.... you picked the wrong business.

If you are offering kits because you love combat and want it to grow......you are to be commended.

Please keep offering kits and help combat grow. Please keep posting kits for sale and build alongs on every rc forum on the web.

Hang in there.

Dane "Mad Max" McGee
Greenville, Texas
RCCA Vice President 684
Blue Note

Re: Tomahawk SSC - Build Manual / Thread

Post by Blue Note »

Thanks. Never expected to profit, just wanted to try and break even while offering a kit alternative. Can't afford to throw money away these days. Neither have even come close to occurring, but that is not surprising. I regard it as time well spent, but it was always at the expense of other endeavors. I have openly shared a lot of information and research that I have conducted during my testing of different building techniques and materials to promote combat, especially for the newbies. I now spend most of my RC time growing a local group of pilots that enjoy the thrill of electric park flyer ribbon combat at a fraction of the price and time investment. Operating for a profit is a business. Operating at cost is a service. Operating at a loss is a hobby... and I already have enough hobbies. I'm sure my lack of continued contribution will not be the undoing of RC combat. We all need to keep pushing if we want RC combat to remain a viable activity, I have just chosen to push in a direction different than the RCCA at this time. I suspect the journey will come full circle in due time.
Chris Gunter
East TN
RCCA #954