Final Anarchy over Afton

tell everyone the results of your combat related event!

Moderator: hbartel

Team_Oz

Final Anarchy over Afton

Post by Team_Oz »

We had a great final Anarchy over Afton event in Kansas this weekend. The final results (top 4 in each class) are:
Open B
David Ebers 2648
Evan Wenger 2540
Bob Leone 1868
Jason Erwin 1768

Limited B
Even Wenger 1884
Dane McGee 1820
Bob Loescher 1784
David Ebers 1728

SSC
Dane McGee 3464
David Ebers 3240
Evan Wenger 2024
Bob Leone 2020

Scale 2548
Dane McGee 1828
David Ebers 1480
Bob Leone 1264
Bill Blake 1220

I believe a great time was had by all that attended, the weather was about as perfect as you could ask for in Kansas until the winds kicked in on Sunday for Open B.

Huge thanks to everyone for making the trip we enjoyed having you guys for the weekend.

Bill & Jennifer
Really did you think I would go there.
Bill1003
Dane McGee

Re: Final Anarchy over Afton

Post by Dane McGee »

The Final Anarchy Over Afton was one to remember. Pilots from Ohio, California, Kansas and Texas converged on the beautiful Afton Lake Flying site to duke it out in 28 rounds of RC Combat over the course of 3 Kansas summer days. The combat action was fierce in what felt like a world class combat marathon. By Sunday afternoon there were alot of sunburned, tired, but smiling faces. This, gentlemen, was RC Combat and camaraderie at its finest. :D

Thanks to Bill, Denney and Paul of the Witchita RC Club for making the event possible. Great Job!

Thanks to Bill and Jennifer for the food and hospitality. Y'all are the best !

It was good to have Bob Loescher come down from Ohio and support this event. Bob is a gentlemen and a great combat flyer. Thanks Bob.

Andy Erwin and his son Jason made the 20 something hour drive from California almost straight thru with only 2 hours of rest just so they could get in on the SSC and Limited B action on Saturday. With borrowed airplanes they made it thru every round of SSC and Limited B. Jason also flew Open B on Sunday and made California proud with a top 4 finish against the best Open B pilots breathing. Andy and Jason fit right in with this group and it was a pleasure getting to know them and a great experience flying with them. Y'all are welcome down in Texas as combat brothers anytime!

My fellow Texans. I'm proud to be associated with a sure nuff great group of Texas Hands. Thanks fellers for making the trip to Kansas one more time :mrgreen:
Dane "Mad Max" McGee
Greenville, Texas
RCCA Vice President 684
Bruce B

Post by Bruce B »

I had a great time. Good to see old friends and meet new faces. Beautiful weather and a great weekend. Thanks for the hospitality bill and Jennifer. You are always good to us when we come up there. Congrats to all the winners.
Bruce Blevins
RCCA# 906
AMA CD# 9031
Bruce B

Post by Bruce B »

Forgot to mention Bill Blake flew a wood corsair in 2948. It was the best slow motion in air breakup I've ever seen, and it was heading straight to us but came to rest about 50 feet across the combat engagement line.
Bob loescher also had a funny round in ssc when he took a hit an it rotated the fuselage almost 90 degrees on the wing due to all the rubber bands on one side breaking. He disengaged and did a control check. Everything was working so he sent it back in to the furball. I caught this picture of the "landing".
Bruce Blevins
RCCA# 906
AMA CD# 9031
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

Bruce B wrote:Forgot to mention Bill Blake flew a wood corsair in 2948. It was the best slow motion in air breakup I've ever seen,
Yep, I'm afraid I'll never live that one down.

Bill was whoopin some ass in the first round.....something had to be done..... my mustang took it upon itself to make things right.....It flew thru Bill's balsa corsair with only balsa dust on the prop......it was the most spectacular carnage I've ever seen.

The Corsair was reduced to balsa dust and a few odd pieces of ply and covering. It was beautiful :twisted: :twisted:

Sorry Bill, I publicly apologize :twisted: :twisted:
Dane "Mad Max" McGee
Greenville, Texas
RCCA Vice President 684
draftman1

Post by draftman1 »

Jason and I thank everybody for everything that you guys did for us! We had an awesome time! It was really cool to be able to fly againts new guys and make new friends,
Thank you bill & Jennifer for the awesome accommodations, Thank you Dane and bob for the use if the planes

We learned a lot about combat, stuff that we never heard off, it was very cool!

I really liked seeing the scale birds flying and Jason really enjoyed the limited b class
It was a really nice event and I am happy to be a part of it

Thank you guys again!!
Andy Erwin
central CA
boiler

Post by boiler »

Just got home this morning. Mowed grass and tied up grapes. Put some of the planes in the hanger for repair tomorrow and made my ground breaking meeting for the joint vocational school. Thanks to Bill and Jennifer for their hospitality. Thanks to Dane for giving me a chance to chase his tail. That SSC flight where the plane was not supposed to fly in the after mid-air state was one to remember. After the safety check, I re-engaged and got another streamer. My best showing was in limited B but I ran out of airplanes without trying to make one out of three wrecks. Sunday was a challenge with the wind but my antenna broke on my transmitter. After taping it, I had bad signal issues and shut the plane down. It caused me to get an early start for home but I took a lot of good memories with me. Bill is moving to Grasshopper country and I plan to make that trip this winter.
Bob (Longhaul) Loescher
rcca# 621 RC Combat Geezer
Bring those planes in closer where I can see them.
[url=http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11380][img]http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11381[/img][/url]
Bob Leone

Post by Bob Leone »

What a great weekend. I had the time of my life - sunburn and all.
It was good to meet Andy And Jason. It looked like they had a great time as well.

Special thanks to Bill & Jennifer for opening up their home to all of us "yahoos" ! LOL! Jennifer was a great host - the vittles were to die for! I think I gained 5 pounds from the good food.

Sure hope this isn't the last event at Lake Afton because it is a wonderful place to fly! Hopefully Paul will have time to continue the legacy.

Can't wait till January to go to Bill's event in Florida - and get to skinny dip in the Atlantic! My wife said she would like to go to that one to see Florida again.
Buttercup
RCCA#627
Quickdraw

Post by Quickdraw »

Awesome event! Them dang DaneStangs are hard to beat and Bob's L scale Wildcats shouldn't fur ball like they do. There was a lot of cutting going on in SSC. Limited B seems to be catching on down here. (I like it but it don't like me). Open B was a thrill a second as usual after the knee knocking first heat.

It was nice to meet Andy and Jason. If Andy would have had more time with his SSC bird the finish order would have been different. Jason has the reflexes and depth perception as them young's do. If he stays away from cars and girls we're gonna be in trouble.

It was nice to fly with the RCCA Prez again. What was that airfoil again?

David T. and Bob S. you two looked way too laid back and in a relaxed state for a combat meet.

Paul, man, your hard to get a cut on.

Cort, keep on keepin on. I'm gonna have to try your super secret, secret open b prop.

Evan, it's always a thrill trying to track you in Open B.

Bruce, take them darn David magnets out of your planes!

Thanks to Bill S. and George for the company during the long round trip. We need to get together at my field and work out a few bugs with your planes. They are not bad but they can be better.

Bill and Jennifer-thanks for the hospitality and opening your home to a bunch of yahoos. Godspeed with your move to Florida.

Gentlemen, it's going to be awhile until I'm able to fly again. I'll see you just as soon as an old mans body can recover.
David E. Ebers Sr.
RCCA South Central Rep
Quickdraw #338
wtsidney

Post by wtsidney »

What a GREAT weekend - the weather was perfect, the combat was exciting and some great friends - couldn't ask for more. Thanks to everyone for making it happen.

Thank You Bill and Jennifer for the hospitality!
Bill Sidney
Round Rock, Texas
RCCA 1036
boiler

Post by boiler »

It was nice to fly with the RCCA Prez again. What was that airfoil again?..............NACA 2412

I keep no secrets. Anything that will help a fellow pilot is shared so they can enjoy rc combat more.
Bob (Longhaul) Loescher
rcca# 621 RC Combat Geezer
Bring those planes in closer where I can see them.
[url=http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11380][img]http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11381[/img][/url]
Quickdraw

Post by Quickdraw »

Thanks for the info Bob. You told me the airfoil several times but I didn't remember.
I'm partial to the Avenger airfoil myself. The constant cord wing is easier to cut and build. It's performance was surprising.
David E. Ebers Sr.
RCCA South Central Rep
Quickdraw #338