Texoma Spring combat

tell everyone the results of your combat related event!

Moderator: hbartel

davidturner

Texoma Spring combat

Post by davidturner »

Beautiful day here in Texas. We had light winds 10 mph. Mostly cloudy highs in the lower 90's. We flew 4 rounds of 2948 and 7 rounds of limited B. Seems the boys down here are enjoying the newest class being flown here in the area. Court got it started and Bob Star and I enjoyed it when we started flying it at the Nats last year. This year we have had several limited b meets. We like it here with the 30 mph winds we often have. Although the wind wasn't a factor today, we have found that it gives the right amout of up and take off power to keep the plane in the air. Often times with SSC we have 1 or 2 pilots sitting out a round or 2 due to the high winds and a bad launch. When comparing limited to open. Open is great except for all the damage one incurs. Lots of discussion in beefing up some wings so they survive better in limited. So looks like limited b is here to stay for awhile longer in our area.
We had 8 pilots show up today total and had a great time. Thanks to all the guys from Texoma RC for coming out and cheering us on.
David Turner
RCCA member #934
AMA Contest Director / Leader Member # 8822
Texoma RC Modeler's member
http://www.texomarc.org/
Bruce B

Re: Texoma Spring combat

Post by Bruce B »

Sorry I had to miss it, but sometimes duty calls in bad times.
Bruce Blevins
RCCA# 906
AMA CD# 9031
EK

Post by EK »

Great day for combat yesterday with light winds and a cloudy sky. Combine that with rain showers this morning and it's a Great Weekend. Thanks David and Texoma RC'ers for the meet.

Limited B works for me. Being able to stay competitive and be off a click on the needle goes a long way to making this class a winner. Adding 2 to 3 oz to an Open B bird to make it legal will evolve into a stronger airframe (think pre SSC) that will take the added punch.
Evan Wenger
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

David, Paul, Bob, Thanks for the work putting it all together. Lunch was great! It was good to see a number of spectators too.

It was good day of flying combat. :D
Bob L had a couple of fine scores with his wildcats and came out on top. Good Job!
Dan was flying a very clean looking P-39 that I'm sure we will be seeing more of at the next scale events. Performance was first rate. Darryl E had a nice E P-51 that was very competitive. Courts planes flew as good as ever and proved to be as usual a slippery devil to cut.
There are no dogs in scale.....building methods and performance are at the pinnacle and these guys have this class down to an art.
Good job Gentlemen.

Limited B continues to be fun. Evan came out on top with a first place capture followed by Bob L and I with the top 3 places with 100 or less points between all of us. 3 feet of streamer seperated 2nd and 3rd :lol:
Yes, Lim B is here to stay.

Great Contest.
Dane "Mad Max" McGee
Greenville, Texas
RCCA Vice President 684