Tundra Terror IX

tell everyone the results of your combat related event!

Moderator: hbartel

Dr. Kamakaze

Tundra Terror IX

Post by Dr. Kamakaze »

I want to thank William "Dominator" Drumm for hosting yet another top notch contest, as well as thanks to the ladies for getting the food ready, and the Green Bay Model Airplane Club for having us. Every year the flying site in Green Bay is nicer and nicer...the building you have now is well built. I was unable to attend on Saturday, but hear that Mike LaPacz was the winner in scale...I never heard what the standings were for Limited B. Sunday looked rainy in the morning, but eventually the sun came out as did the WIND! It was one of the windiest contests I think I flew in which made launches hard given the direction. Since I did not fly SSC I kept busy helping out those I could with launches. I do not know of any line violations or safety concerns that happened so it was a safe meet at least on Sunday. SSC was won by Mike LaPacz, second went to Bill Geipel (by 4 feet of streamer), and 3rd went to William Drumm. Gnat class was won by William Drumm, 2nd went to me (Andy Runte), and 3rd to Bill Geipel. This was an "International" contest with Canada represented this year! It was fun to see the combat gang again and to see some new faces.
NATS are in 1 more week and the boys from Wisconsin are primed and ready to go after this meet!
Respectfully submitted,
Andy "Dr. Kamakaze" Runte
-TEAM KAMAKAZE-
RCCA #876
AMA #273119
Andy "Dr. Kamakaze" Runte
-TEAM KAMAKAZE-
RCCA #876, North Central District Rep
AMA #273119
midair02

Re: Tundra Terror IX

Post by midair02 »

I finally got around to scanning score sheets and typing up a report. I was dead tired Sunday night and didn't get to it right away. I got my car unloaded and dishes washed and I was out. The were a couple of scoring errors that I missed at the field and it wasn't as close for 2nd in SSC.

Thanks Stewart for making the trip across the border. I hope you had fun and will join us again.

I also want to thank the ladies for helping me out in the kitchen. At times, it seemed that they were having more fun than us!!!

Now for the "official" report:

The Tundra Terror IX is in the books. Saturday, we started off with Limited B. The wind was blowing pretty good out of the south/southeast which was not the greatest. We had 6 pilots and flew all up. After 6 rounds, the Limited B scores were:

1. Will Drumm 2024
2. Doug Goldman 1100
3. Bob Loescher 856
4. Leon Olszewski 460
5. Stewart Holdsworth 440
6. Mark Meyrose -360

After lunch, we flew Scale 2948. There were only 3 pilots signed up, so Bob Loescher loaned a plane to Doug Goldman so we would meet the 4 pilots minimum requirement for NPS. Doug got his radio gear in place and a test flight in and we were ready to combat. Newcomer to the 2948 arena, Mike LaPacz, put on a show with his excellent flying war birds. After 5 rounds, the 2948 scores were:

1. Mike LaPacz 960
2. Doug Goldman 860
3. Will Drumm 300
4. Bob Loescher 280

Sunday morning started off with rain early in the morning. It cleared up by 7:30 and left us with a wet field. The winds were blowing heavy again and were out of the southwest, which is the only bad direction at the Green Bay field. This made launching difficult and many planes bit the dirt on launch. We had 12 pilots so we flew 2 heats. The high winds made it a struggle to keep the planes in. We spent a lot of time out in the hay field looking for downed planes. The later rounds went better, because we learned to keep them in so we wouldn't have to trek through the tall hay. After 6 rounds, the SSC scores were:

1. Mike LaPacz 1540
2. Bill Geipel 1356
3. Will Drumm 1300
4. Doug Goldman 1220
5. Mark Meyrose 1020
6. Bob Loescher 880
7. Heath Bartel 828
8. Mike Edwards 720
9. Terry VanLaanen 644
10. Tom Porod 520
10. Stewart Holdsworth 520
12. Leon Olszewski 380

After SSC, we took a short break and then flew GNATs. It was after 3:30 before we got started. The wind was still blowing out of the southwest making launches difficult. We had 10 pilots and flew all up to get through the rounds quicker. Learning from earlier in the day, we kept the planes in closer. This kept crashes, for the most part, on the field and we buzzed through the rounds quickly. After 6 rounds, the GNAT scores were:

1. Will Drumm 1492
2. Andy Runte 1232
3. Bill Geipel 1092
4. Bob Loescher 884
5. Mike LaPacz 724
6. Mark Meyrose 552
7. Stewart Holdsworth 540
8. Doug Goldman 440
9. Leon Olszewski 320
10 Heath Bartel 140
William "Dominator" Drumm III
RCCA Secretary/Treasurer #713
midair02

Post by midair02 »

Front: Tom Porod, Bob Loescher, Will Drumm, Mike LaPacz, Terry VanLaanen, Leon Olszewski
Back: Heath Bartel, Andy Runte, Doug Goldman, Stewart Holdsworth, Mark Meyrose, Mike Edwards, Bill Geipel
William "Dominator" Drumm III
RCCA Secretary/Treasurer #713
mlapacz

Post by mlapacz »

Thanks for a great 2 day event Will.
I'm looking forward to seeing everyone at Muncie.
Mike
Mike LaPacz
RCCA#1046
Green Bay, WI
boiler

Post by boiler »

William, you forgot to tell everone the dog's name that was front and center. :lol:
Bob (Longhaul) Loescher
rcca# 621 RC Combat Geezer
Bring those planes in closer where I can see them.
[url=http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11380][img]http://www.rccombat.net/gallery/main.php?g2_view=core.DownloadItem&g2_itemId=11381[/img][/url]