A FUN DAY OF COMBAT IN TEXAS

Are you and your buddies getting together for some electric combat smack-down? Post a note with the date, time, and location so other buzz-bomber wanna-be's know where it's happening!

Moderator: hbartel

Cajun

A FUN DAY OF COMBAT IN TEXAS

Post by Cajun »

With all of the great looking E-Combat planes we're seeing now, I am interested in putting on a FUN DAY OF COMBAT IN NACOGDOCHES, TX. some time in early June at our new Nacogdoches flying field..

Preliminary plans would include four rounds of SSC, not sanctioned, but to RCCA rules, and as many rounds of E-Combat (warbirds only) as we have time or planes for. We will put together a set of E-rules from those that have already been discussed. Basically, the planes would be limited to somewhat authentic looking warbirds flying with two cell lipos only with a minimum weight of ten oz.

This will not be a sanctioned meet, but will be flown for fun only. It's time we saw some of these great Electric designs in a combat setting.

The date is not firmed up but will be in early June. I have to check on conflicts.

Post in here if this format would interest you, and you would likely attend.
Which_way_is_up

Post by Which_way_is_up »

Sounds good to me!
thojo

Post by thojo »

First saturday in June would be 3 days after returning from Dixie NATS, so it would depend on how much I destroy in Georgia whether I'd have anything to fly. The next Saturday in June would be the day before the SSC meet at GCRC in Houston. That might not be a bad idea to have the Fun combat on Saturday at your field, then everybody can come on down and fly for points on Sunday... If you did it June 11th, I'd just make it 100% eCombat, so we can save our good stuff for Sunday..
Cajun

Post by Cajun »

Not a bad idea Thojo. Anyone else want to weight in on this idea?

BTW, Thojo, I don't see the GCRC-SSC meet listed on the calendar. Is it a sanctioned meet.
thojo

Post by thojo »

Sanction is pending, put in by Pat Willcox
Pat_Willcox

Post by Pat_Willcox »

Cajun,

Livingston has a class"C" contest on Sat June11 but it would not mater if you do non sanction. I be attending a wedding that June 11 so I have to pass on that day. The GCRC sanction is in the mail. I been real busy but will get contest info posted real soon. This was a sort of last minute "good' idea from my flying buddies to do a contest at GCRC.

Pat
Rabbit Leader

Post by Rabbit Leader »

I've got a Hellcat flying, might have one more by that time, I'm in unless work or honeydos shoot me down...[:)]

Return to “Upcoming Electric Combat Smack Downs”