p51 scale 2548 by AMOCS

All things related to 2548 Scale

Moderator: hbartel

Which_way_is_up

Post by Which_way_is_up »

I think that the only way you're going to be able to answer that question is to build wings with each of the airfoils and fly them.

Voting on a airfoil doesn't make it the best.
Bender

Post by Bender »

I am afraid it might start fruitless discussion, but I am going formulate my opinion:
Point is: To detect real difference between airfoils (E205 or CLARK-Y for example) special equipment and scientific accuracy are required. Therefore personally I do not believe if somebody telling E203 works well for RC-combat, but NACA 64-215 will not work for RC-combat.

Original question about p51 airfoil was partly address to figure out prototype p51 airfoil coordinates for CNC. In a time I have found it (at least I do believe NACA 64-215 was used for p51 (please correct me if I am wrong)).

At this moment I have hard time making decision. I have to choose one particular airfoil for our project scale 2548 p51.

Unfortunately vacuum formed fuselages are not so good object for practicing with different airfoils. One time decision dictates the same airfoil for all next fuselages. (Wing saddle geometry)
So RCCA-pilots suggestions for the project are very welcome!

Thanks Serg RCCA#635
thojo

Post by thojo »

Bender, you can't go wrong with a clark-y, or clark-z or any of the E series mentioned. Download Profili if you don't already have it and compare them yourselves at the R numbers we fly. There probably isn't one "best" airfoil, even though I am partial to the SD7062 with a tad of washout in the tips. I think that airfoil tops the others due to its high lift at high alphas, but still penetrates well for speed ...
Bender

Post by Bender »

Thojo, thanks for your comment.
To see coordinates I am using http://www.nasg.com/afdb/list-airfoil-e.phtml
Bender

Post by Bender »

Question: Are you still planning on making a 2548 Mustang? If so, price and availability?

Answer: Yes, all molds for vacuum forming are ready.
And we are looking for order for production p51_Scale2548_combat models or any other from the list: p40_2548; Il10-2548; p39_2610 and Yakovlev-9_2610).

Price list for first quarter 2006:
Fuselages half (left and right cores) 30USD
Assembled fuselage (ready for painting) 50USD
Assembled model scale 2548-combat ARF 100USD (wing top in MonoKote green or olive drab)

Processing time is: one day for one fuselage kit; three days for assembled fuselage and ten days for AFR. (We are also installing RC-equipment and engine for request). In case of multiple orders processing time might be increased.

Shipping to your location with AairParcel Post
(From previous experience we are know - some time it required 2-3 weeks. So please make you order in advance).

All models (listed in the first paragraph was designed especially for combat purposes.
Without combat-order we keep working on other projects (p39-fun; p51-fun or p51 sport scale.

See example: project in progress sport scale p51 ws48" thttp://www.amocs.com/projects/p51/002scale/index.htm )
This particular one with balsa wing, landing gear ruder and flapperons.

For combat I would recommend use composite fuselage and Styrofoam wing

Contact us with question or suggestions
Bender www.amocs.com Image
cshepherd

Post by cshepherd »

I've placed an order with Bender (Serg) for a P51 mustang fuselage. It appears that I am the first for the Mustang. If anyone else is interested, contact Serg and he will get you taken care of.

-Chris
Rabbit Leader

Post by Rabbit Leader »

Whats the weight of the fuse as is, no aint or finishing? Curious, wonder what that fuse would fly like with the top-secret Texas-developed Morere Special airfoil...
Bender

Post by Bender »

AMOCS scale 2548 p51D model use CLARK-YH airfoil http://www.nasg.com/afdb/show-airfoil-e.phtml?id=60 Wing saddle is 300 mm long.

Weight for fuselage cores (left and right half) is about 7.5-8 oz

See photos scale 2548 p51D fuselage cores Left and right half
http://amocs.com/projects/p51/combat/index.htm
ptsullivan

Post by ptsullivan »

Bender,

Are there any plans for a 'B' model fuse?

-Pete
Bender

Post by Bender »

New lot of scale 2548 combat p51D on way to US.

At this moment we have no plan for open-B production in 2006 season.
From other side I have to say: if any real interest exists we will start new project as soon as somebody place order for at least ten composite fuselages.
Required time is one month plus shipping to US.

Pete, if you have special ideas about Open-B composite fuselage let discuss it.

If somebody interested in what Russian open RC-combat pilots flying you can see open-B model by Viatcheslav Shishkin http://amocs.com/ru/projects/maestro/
Sticky staff is illegal so they do not have problem like RCCA-pilots have.
ptsullivan

Post by ptsullivan »

I was referring to a P-51B, not open B, sorry for the confusion.

Thanks,
Pete
Bender

Post by Bender »

Hi guys, I need you advice: How would you prefer to deals with p51 radiator?

Please take a look on photo and tell your opinion.
http://www.amocs.com/sales/products/pag ... le2548.htm

For myself I would rather cut radiator just after wing and glue this part to wing bottom. I do believe it will be more convenient for combat style user.
But it is obvious other variants are possible.
Your opinion is?
cshepherd

Post by cshepherd »

Cut and attach to bottom of wing.
Rabbit Leader

Post by Rabbit Leader »

Yeah, cut it and glue it to the wing bottom. Much easier to deal with..
Bender

Post by Bender »

Yes, I will (it is combat style).

Take a look at number 001 (it almost done)!

Visit www.amocs.com for more detailes