Which Engine is Best

Check here for the latest and greatest engine modifications.

Moderator: hbartel

SpadCat

Which Engine is Best

Post by SpadCat »

Between the OS 25 FX, and Thunder Tiger .25, which do you think is best?
thojo

Post by thojo »

O25FX, no question about it...

Pictures of airplane stuff:
http://jwtfamily.org/rcgallery

Post by SpadCat »

Thanks Thojo, I am posting for a brother who has just got into into combat, and wanted other opinions. I use the OS, but have never used a Thunder Tiger, so I could not accurately answer his question. His concern is he wants to get 2 new engines, and the OS is 80 bucks ea while the TT is only 53 bucks ea.

Thanks,

Screamin' SpadCat
K9

Post by K9 »

Lon, are these engines for Roger? Tell him to go with the OS. Between the rest of us, if he needs a part, we have enough to build him a new engine. Get the OS Roger, time to retire those GMS'. K9 out.

Butch"The Nail" Abongan Vista Ca. Team Spaddawgs
SpadCat

Post by SpadCat »

Hey Butch, yes they are for Roger.
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

I would really advise staying away from the TT 25- the PRO version is no more powerful than the GP, and does not respond well to a mousse can pipe. Both are much less powerful than the OS 25FX. If you are looking for a low-cost alternative to the FX, I suggest the Magnum 28XL (not the 25), it is a very powerful and robust engine, and magnum gives good factory support if you need it. on a MCP, it is very strong, though it does vibrate a bit more than the 25FX at high rpm. the carb likes to vibrate apart at high rpm so loctite all the little screws.

Scott Gilkey
montague

Post by montague »

I'll second what Scott said, if you can afford it, go with the OS.

Btw, the Webra is the same price as the OS, and seems more powerful.

I have several Mags. The Mag .25 is underpowered, but the .28 has plenty of power. You do have to take care of the carb though, or it will drive you nuts. If you are short on funds, the Mag .28 is the way to go.

(I have some notes (that I need to update) on Magnum carb care and feeding at www.MidAtlanticCombat.com)

Kirk Montague Adams
RCCA 560
http://www.MidAtlanticCombat.com - Combat in the Mid-Atlantic Region
SpadCat

Post by SpadCat »

My brother ended up ordering the OS. I personally use the OS in Open B also, but run Mag .15s in SSC where I was having trouble. You guys pointed me to the web site to fix them and now they run like a charm. Last weekend in Vegas, I did not have a bad run...Thanks. (Now if I just hadn't dumb thumbed my warbird 2 times into a dirtnap while chasing someone on the deck.....[:I][:I]!!)