SpecB Class

Club combat? Dogfighting with buddies? Let's hear about it!

Moderator: hbartel

crashhappy

Post by crashhappy »

28xl works great or it did till i hit the runway due to a servo reversing switch did not get locked in all the way & smack (only about 30 bucks worth of damage to motor but no damage to fuse or wing. had a bad nid air with travis & no damage at all poped servo out of wing took about 5 minutes to fix. they have great speeds they are strong. they fly great. got to love the flat bat with foam wing. i think we got a survivor with this plane. smack the runway at about 35mph nose first & just pop the nose out & fly again.

Tony Duprie
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Check the price on a GMS.25 muffler at Tower. It may be cheaper. If so get two. They have half price shipping on GMS motor parts.

Limited-B
Try it,you'll like it !
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I looked at Tower and the muffler is $7.29 Just the front half of the muffler is $3.19

Limited-B
Try it,you'll like it !
crashhappy

Post by crashhappy »

will the GMS .25 muffler fit the XL.28

Tony Duprie
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Yep

Limited-B
Try it,you'll like it !
Cajun

Post by Cajun »

If you're using the black flat bat from Palos Sports for your fuselages, be advised they are out and are substituting the teal blue one, which is much softer.

I have seen a couple of other sources, but at a much higher price.

CAJUN [8D]
Lone Star Combat State
AMA-CD 174052
RCCA 380
NACOGDOCHES, TEXAS
MY MIND WORKS LIKE LIGHTNING,,ONE BRILLIANT FLASH AND IT'S GONE!!
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

They sent me the wrong bats a few weeks ago. I called them about it and they picked them up(no cost to me)and sent me the right ones with an apology letter. They are great people to deal with.

Limited-B
Try it,you'll like it !
Cajun

Post by Cajun »

They indicated to me today the black ones were not available. Nice people, but their supplier is out.

Cajun

CAJUN [8D]
Lone Star Combat State
AMA-CD 174052
RCCA 380
NACOGDOCHES, TEXAS
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Cajun if you're going to the Jetero contest I can bring 4 of the black flat bats there for you. I also have 18 wing cores for the SpecB planes cut if you would like to try some of those for club combat.
Limited-B
Try it,you'll like it !
Cajun

Post by Cajun »

Thanks Jimbo, but I kept the blue bats and will continue to use them locally. I've not had a great deal of problems with them.

CAJUN [8D]
Lone Star Combat State
AMA-CD 174052
RCCA 380
NACOGDOCHES, TEXAS
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I talked to Amy Horn at Polas Sports this morning and she said she has 37 BLACK flat bats now in stock. Be specific when you order.

Limited-B
Try it,you'll like it !
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

We have been flying this class now for 4 months and it has been GREAT ! We have been tweeking our design and building methods and it has worked out very well.These things are extremely durable. We will have kits available by spring and they will have two wing kits, one flat bat and an engine mount.
Some new pics and updated rules are at the RCHangout.com site.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

By the way we had a rough tough day of combat today, we gave meaning to the word COMBAT.We must have had 10 midairs, 6 or more of them were HARD hits. No one totaled a wing or a body. I think we lost one servo and an engine mount.They take a lickin and keep on tickin.
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

We'll be flying combat all day today so if you're near the swamp, come join in.
Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

Jim, how 'bout some pics of the planes[:D] I will be building a couple of spec ships for local combat and I need some help.

It seems you guys have it figured out, so why don't you do a build article so the rest of the nation can join the fun[:D]

Return to “Sport Combat Issues”