Yakovlev-9 discussion (feedback & suggestions)

If it flew combat between 1935 and 1955, here's the place to talk about it!
Also a great place to talk about Competition!

Moderator: hbartel

Viat

Yakovlev-9 discussion (feedback & suggestions)

Post by Viat »

This topic started to collect opinion on Yakovlev-9 for RC-combat.
It can be used for: Open B, Open A, SSC and <font color="brown">scale 2610 (with wingspan up to 38 1/2 inch (1/12+10% from biggest prototype modification 10.5m)</font id="brown">
boiler

Post by boiler »

I got one from Serg yesterday morning at Montrose.I drove 11 hours and wanted to fly more than 4 rounds of Open B. Since I had given Serg advanced notice it was an ARF. Put my stuff in it and flew my first 2610 event about an hour later. In my first ever 2610 heat, I got two cuts. The plane is fast and turns well. Kirk Adams ate one of the wing tips in the second heat and altough I thought about a "quickie" repair to try and fly the next two rounds, I opted to take her home and get her looking good again for Waverly. If I get one or two more rounds in there, it will be that many more than I would have flown by just in SSC and Open B. I hope to get a couple of extra wings made soon. I would like to get a couple more of the planes so I can go the Ashland City. Untill yesterday I had only flown Open B, SSC, and a few demo rounds of limited B. My heart never pounded as hard as it did yesterday after the first round of 2610. Let's fly some combat!!!

Bob Loescher
Lima Ohio
boiler

Post by boiler »

I believe Serg is trying to say the fiberglass fusalage is very tough. I hit the ground at Montrose in the second round when Kirk took abou 25% of my right wing tip. It was a nasty spiral at full throttle. Only damage was a broken prop and mud in the carb. I chose not to make a quick repair and go back up. I have repaired the wing and it is a go for Waverly. I will try to make a spare wing for Waverly since I seem to have time and can put some of my workshop back to use. The air conditioner on my van stopped this last week. After 205 000 miles you would think they would keep on truckin. I'll take her in tomorrow and see what's up. The fusalage seems to be better than my van at this point.

Bob Loescher
Lima Ohio
NAES

Post by NAES »

I was test flying the Yak in Vegas this past weekend and it was as fast as an open b with no mousse can on it.

It is really fast and I think the sleek profile of it makes all the speed difference. I really wanted to compete with it but a busted servo nixed that idea. When I get another SSC, I'm getting another Yak.

NAES

http://www.rccagallery.com/Gallery/view ... =Sean-Galt