norvel .15 muffler

Check here for the latest and greatest engine modifications.

Moderator: hbartel

rcfury

norvel .15 muffler

Post by rcfury »

Hey, I just got me a norvel .15 motor for a cheap cheap price of free. I would like to get this motor working. But for the life of me I cant get this stupid muffler to fit. Ive read hundreds of posts of saying there is a problem with the hook up.. But no fix. Durrr...
How do you attach this thing? Does the little tab on the clip rests on the block or the other way? Do you have the center hole on it slide over the block. I have no clue. I thought i had it but it just falls off when i move the motor.
I would like to get this on my Lanier Ripper and see how it preforms vs my OS cva. So If i try combat with this motor what do you guys suggest as a modification?

IF it looks good break it
Web-Pilot

Post by Web-Pilot »

RCFURY,

I don't have a picture, but:

There are two slots, one on top and one on bottom of the exhaust port on the engine. Slide the clip into those slots until the tab stops against the case. Clip the muffler into the clip. It doesn't hold the muffler on very well!

Is this a RC engine or a CL engine. If it is a CL engine like I have, it runs very well on a pressure bladder, but is not legal for SSC. It is legal in Class A however.

Hope this helps,
George

George Kerr
Web-Pilot
AMA 4362
RCCA 580
www.milehirc.com/Combat/