Just wanted to say "bye" to Ben Morrow

This is where we discuss pilot recognition. What do you do to recognize Sierra Hotel pilots? Tell us your ideas!

Moderator: hbartel

NAES

Just wanted to say "bye" to Ben Morrow

Post by NAES »

In case any of you aren't aware, Ben "Hillbilly" Morrow from Down Home RC is retiring from RC Combat. Ben is the designer of the Lil' Bull and the Piranha which were both very good combat planes.

It came as a shock to me and I view Ben as a friend even though I never met him in person. I only knew him by telephone and E-mail.

Ben I hope your not pissed at me for publicly saying that you did have a very positive impact on combat from my perspective here on the west coast. Reports were always of your good humor and overall just a nice guy. My interaction with you was the same.

I wish you only the best in whatever you are doing and I will be the first to welcome you back should you decide you can't live without combat.

Sean Galt, aka NAES
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

Thanks Sean, But it's no big deal! I'll still pull one of Lee's new little electric Combat planes out and have some fun here at home. I must say being in the RCCA for the while that I have has benn Great! Just everyone keep it up !! [:D] Wonderful Sport! "Bottom's Up!"[:p]

Thanks Sean, Very nice of ya!
THend

Post by THend »

Ben, I don't know why you are stepping out for a while, but you will be missed for sure. If you decide to step back in, let ole AREA-52 know, and we'll get you hooked up. I still crack up when I think about 2001 NATS. The check-in day, I was just walking around looking at all the combat planes, and toally in awe. Then I came upon Ben and his LilBulls, and I never seen such a thing.

It isn't often someone can make the entire flight line stop and look at what you are doing, but Ben sure did when he fired up those bladder fed screamers! Man, still cracks me up.

Later
TH
Wingman

Post by Wingman »

Ben, I too hate to see you go, and really looked forward to catching up with you at Paris again this year. Hopefully you are just needing a little break, and will be back at some point in the future!

Eric
Bob Leone

Post by Bob Leone »

Paris just won't be the same without you buddy.
I'll be seeing you when I get to go to TN. for some meets.
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

Ben, this can't be, it won't be the same without you. THanks to you, Brian and I have many many fantastic memories of flying combat, both with you, and with your Piranhas. A great design from a great pilot. Come on back and kick our butts some more, we promise we'll enjoy it!
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

Thanks Terry,
For sure a day I'll NEVER forget! You guy's thought I had brought "Trainers" to the "Combat Nat's" hahahah Fooled ya didn't I??? [:D][:D] Wished I lived in Area 52 land!!![}:)]

Eric, Paris was the first time I met you and also your VERY FIRST Rcca contest. I think you got 3rd?? That's why I'm giving up flying. These fast on the trigger whipper Snappers! hahaha Just Kidding Bud! "NO FEAR HERE!" Thanks "Wingman" Looking for GREAT things from you in combat!

Bob,
I hope you and the rest of those dang Texan's will still come and stay at my place when a contest is around! PLUS we still have some Pool shoot'in isues to settle!![:D] Contest in Tenneessee, my home is yours!

Scott, Last but "For Sure" not least I feel I have let you down more than anyone of my other friends in RCCA, but what can I say bud?? I'm just Tired! Please understand!?? Who knows, maybe I'll be back..

Another cup of Java sounds good about now![:D]

Good luck to all you guy's in 05 and the years to follow! Don't go out this year and let Lee win about EVERYTHING agin this year now![8D][;)][8][:p][:D]

Ben "Furball" Morrow!
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

Guy's ,
I'm sorry for the last post I made. There were some personal isues in there I had no busness adding and posting! All words and stuff like that do is make me look bad, and about all I can say is I'm sorry! Just got a little carried away, when someone was trying to make a nice post and thread for me, and I went and let my fingers print some words that are my problem and nobody eles's! I'm very sorry guy's! Here I am leaving the hobby and to print something like that was a bad thing on my part! Sorry Guy's! Hope to see you ALL down the road someday.

Ben
Feathers

Post by Feathers »

Ben,

Whatever is going on is no doubt the direct result of not flying any Open B combat for too long. Just spend the cold months puttin' together a couple of planes and don't sell everything. I saw you at my first Nats in '03 but never got the chance to shake your hand. That ain't right.
BigCountry

Post by BigCountry »

Hey Ben,

I got a chance to meet you and fly with you for the first time in Paris in 2003 and both were a great experience. Jared and I have you to thank for giving him the nickname of Lil' Country and it has stuck. You're a blast to hang with and a great competitor to boot. Wherever the future takes you I hope that eventually it brings you back to combat. Combat needs folks like yourself who care more about the friendships that are built then the points that are earned. Good luck with whatever life holds for you down that road and if by chance that road ever brings you through the swamp country of Sulphur, Louisiana stop by and see me. I'll have a plane and streamer with your name on it[:D]. Take care....

Travis "BigCountry" Hanson
Rabbit Leader

Post by Rabbit Leader »

Dadburn it, Ben, I'm gonna miss the heck out of you. It was always a blast to fly with you, and you're the only guy out on the line that knows what "D99" means.

You ever come down this way agin, give me a holler, we'll get Lee, Bob, Ed, Roy and the rest of the crew and go out and have ourselves a time..

Take care of yourself, buddy..

Cash
slam

Post by slam »

ben.

i hope this is just tempory, you are a class act that will be sorely missed.

your friend ALWAYS

slam
Pat_Willcox

Post by Pat_Willcox »

Ben,

Just want to add our "wish you well" and all the best to you in whatever endeavor that you chose to engage.

Willcox's
Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

Thanks again Guy's, Thanks for all the Kind Words! The RCCA has been a very good place for me, and lots of new friends were made. Rabbit, I'll be D-99 for a while![:D][:D] You guy's kick butt this year! Can someone takes Lee's Crown??[:0] Food for thought![8D]

Thanks Guy's,
Ben