baghdad r/c

Topics of discussion for service men and women who kick serious butt on a global scale in RC combat.

Moderator: hbartel

Ben Morrow

Post by Ben Morrow »

Sgt.Rob,
You just wait! When you see all the stuff you guy's will get, you'll be set for a "GOOD LONG WHILE!" The RCCA enjoys and takes great pride in doing this sort of thing. Hope you enjoy your new planes (And Radio's!) [:D] Just when all the stuff comes in, shoot us guy's some pictures, so we can enjoy too!

With Lee's new planes I'm sure you will have the best dang Electric plane on the market! He's nothing less than AWESOME at designing, Flying and building!

Enjoy, And hat's off to all you guy's over in Iraq! Just hurry home and be ready to fly some combat with the "Pro's" of the RCCA! You'll be amazed!

Hurry Home and God Speed,

Regards,
Ben Morrow
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Sgt Rob, It`s a privilage for me to be directly involved in the support of the sacrificial effort that you guys, and girls on the front line are making.

It`s only been about one month ago that I decided to give electrics a try after reading the post that Irone started on electric WW2 Fighters. Since that time, I have been driven with an unexplainable passion (even for me, I`m a combat junkie) to develop this area of our sport. I didn`t understand the urgancy that I felt and it has been so strong that it has been almost scarry (Do I need to seek help for this problem?). I`ve felt like the guy in "Close Encounters of the Third Kind". The people at the hobby shop had threatened to cut me off if I didn`t get it under control, and called the house to make sure that the kids had food[:0]. Now, I feel that this is the reason.

If your request had come a month ago, I would wanted to help, but would have had no idea what to do. But just a day or two before your first post, I test flew the first Ossama Bomber. I thought the name of the plane was an E-Smack, but I was wrong. Was this timming just a fluke? I don`t think so.
Thank you for sharing your needs with us. Recreation is a huge moral booster, and think that I speak for all of us when I say that we are honored to help.
gunfighter

Post by gunfighter »

Well said Lee!

Whatever we do for our troops is not enough for the effort and sacrifice they make for us!

I would also like to propose that RCCA PROVIDE A FREE MEMBERSHIP (1,2,5 YEAR) FOR ANY TROOPS THAT FLY R/C COMBAT IN IRAQ!
Bob Leone

Post by Bob Leone »

I talked to Roy of Roy's hobby and he said he would get our equipment at cost for these troops.
You guys are doing a wonderfull job over there. Keep safe and God bless.
ol boy

Post by ol boy »

I pissed off some birds one day that happen to fly by right at the right moment and I turned in on there six. What great fun it was. Does this count as combat? Hopefully when I get stationed back out here (Iraq) again in a few years there will be a full combat club going. Later.
Bad Dawg

Post by Bad Dawg »

I hope you won't have to rotate back to sand land, ol boy. I hope it's all over by then and you can start an RC combat squadron at Hood.
mimi7191

Post by mimi7191 »

Hi everyone, i just wanted to take a second to thank all of you personally for everything you are doing for my husband (Sgt Rob) and the 546th. We have a Family Readiness Group here in Ft.Hood that consists of most of the spouses and family members of these Soldiers, and as many "care packages" that we can send we do. BUT, our packages usually consist of the everyday food goodies and stuff that the guys might need for comfort. You guys are sending a "care package" that no popcorn and cocoa can compete with! Believe me, all of us back home really appreciate this. This is a wonderful gift you have given all of us. We know for a fact that the moral around Baghdad is just going to get better and better, and we owe alot of that to you guys!! Thank You Again!!
Mia
mad

Post by mad »

Mia,

There is going to be a contest in Paris, Tx on March 18, 19, 20.
This is one of the largest contests in the nation. with a lot of the people who you have heard from on these forms in attendence. If you and some of the other family members want to come up, You will get a chance to see what your husbands will be doing on there off time.
Spread the word to the rest of the families in Sgt Robs unit how much we appreciate there sacrafice. you are all in our prayers

Michael D.
mimi7191

Post by mimi7191 »

Michael,
Thank you for the info! I will put it out at our meeting in Feb. I really think the kids will get a big kick out of seeing the planes in action as well! We will definately do our best to attend. It would be great to meet some of the folks that our helping to support our soldiers. You guys in the RCCA are quickly becoming part of our extended family, so we will definately try to keep everyone posted with whats going on. Thank You for all of your prayers and support!!
Mia
Rabbit Leader

Post by Rabbit Leader »

Sarge, I can understand your frustration with finding hobby supplies in the Middle East. I was on active duty in the Air Force when Desert Storm was winding down, and Provide Comfort was kicking in, and my unit, the 526th Black Knights, was TDY to Incirlik, Turkey. A buddy of mine and I tried to find a hobby shop in Adana, but to no avail. We ended up building free flight gliders from what little balsa we could find at the base hobby shop, and foam from meat and food packaging. We would fly these things at the base ballfield, right near tent city, and the guy with the longest flight of the day would win a six-pack of coke, beer, whatever. Anyway, I haven't posted anything here yet, sorry it took so long, if there's anything I can do to help, let me know. Most of my stuff is gas, and from what I've read so far ya'll are flying electric birds, but I'll get with the guys here and see what I can do..

Cash Hargett AKA "Rabbit Leader"

Ya'll take care of yourselves, we're praying for ya and we are all VERY proud of what you and the rest of our Armed Forces are doing..[:)]
THend

Post by THend »

How we coming along with the care package anyway??
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

I should finish all of the airframes this weekend. Haven`t seen any gear yet. I just tried out the $55 outrunner/esc combo from BP. I really think that this should be the powerplant for the planes we send, even if we have to pay retail for them. Power/speed/prop are all very close to the GWS "B" setup, but they will be much more trouble free and damage resistant compared to the geared units. Also there are no gears to get clogged up with streamers. Somebody needs to make a bunch of 3/8" X 20ft streamers. Who`ll step up?
Don Pruitt

Post by Don Pruitt »

<font face="Arial">Lee,
Lou was the front man on contacting the LHS here in our area who was going to sell electric equipment as his cost for the boys in Iraq. I will call Lou today and follow up and see where we stand. Get us a bill of material and maybe we can get what you need drop shipped to you. </font id="Arial">

Return to “RC Combat In The Military”