Louisville KY open e combat

Are you and your buddies getting together for some electric combat smack-down? Post a note with the date, time, and location so other buzz-bomber wanna-be's know where it's happening!

Moderator: hbartel

rdc767

Louisville KY open e combat

Post by rdc767 »

I am thinking about a open e combat fly in. In May. Just seeing if there is enough interest. Probably need about 6-8 guys to make it happen.
Not Labor Day weekend.

Ron
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

I guess you mean Memorial Day weekend. Labor Day is in Sept.
I`d like to come, but it`s kind of far for a demo type contest. I`ll be trying to scare up some events in Texas though. Good luck.
gunfighter

Post by gunfighter »

Here is a link to an all electric (all wing) fly in in the Dallas area. If someone in the Dallas area were to contact them, maybe we could do a demo there and get some interest?!? they will be flying "full contact" zagi style combat already.[?]

http://wing-fest05.kokosworld.com/index.htm
boilermaker

Post by boilermaker »

I'm interested, not a bad drive from Indianapolis
rdc767

Post by rdc767 »

Lee
Memorial Day. Duhh!

I was thinking maybe doing a few rounds of ssc also. I been so wrapped up in electric thou I don't have any.

Ron
jfromm

Post by jfromm »

Hi Ron,

I'd come and could probably get Mark and Kevin also. I would hate to embarrass you at your own field but I guess I'd get over it. I'm getting 6 kits off Lee. Is that what you are thinking about using?
rdc767

Post by rdc767 »

Jay
Good to hear from you. Yep.
Looks like nothing set in stone. I am going to Havoc with some planes. Lee's planes look o.k I guess if you like loosing. HA Ha.[:0]
The only rule so far I like is 2 cell lipos. I have a 36" w.s and 32" sabre and 2 32" mig's.They all have gws 350s with b gears. They fly the same. Doug Bailey has inherited my E-Fulmars 32"(slightly faster).
Probably know more after Havoc. Weather here has been aweful. Doug and I have only flown combat twice with electrics.
Ron
jfromm

Post by jfromm »

Hi Ron,

A 2 cell limit sounds good to me. Something else to consider is 2548 spec airplanes without the proposed scoring and airplane restriction changes in addition to electric combat. I built a 2548 P40 and it flies great. I’m really looking forward to flying it in combat. We could start with electric and end with glow. What a fun meet!
Dawg

Post by Dawg »

Hmmm, Memorial Day weekend is also the dates of the Dixie Nats. You may want to give Lou a shout. He has been working on a bunch of E-stuff lately.
Fred420

Post by Fred420 »

Hey ........ where in Louisville are you flying? I am over on the "sunny side of Louisville" and fly at the SIRCM site off of River Road in New Albany.

I would like some more info on elec class SSC planes. I want to build one, so what are you recommending?

Thanks,
Fred
Which_way_is_up

Post by Which_way_is_up »

Fred,

The word SSC and electric don't belong in the same sentence at this point in time. [:)] There is no electric SSC class, through at least one individual has been experimenting with a plane to fly in SSC.

What most of the discussion concerning electric combat is about are the little 32" wingspan scale like planes folks have been flying and experimenting with. You'll find several threads on this by browsing the electric section of this forum.
rdc767

Post by rdc767 »

Fred
I'm home this weekend and will do some combating Saturday with some buddies at the RCRC club at Hurstborne, Tom Sawyer park. E combating is good SSc is good. Its all fun.
I sent you a email with my phone number.
Ron Caravona
wparmenter

Post by wparmenter »

Fred, I am the person who has been experimenting with electrics for SSC. The himaxx 2825-2300 works good on an 8x3 with 3s lipos capable of 30+ amps. The himaxx rotor disintegrates on the slightest impact. I have also used the mega 22/10/10 on 6s lipos at around 15 amps. It worked good, but 6s is kind of a pain in the rear. Currently I am looking at the endoplasma with 2:1 gearing on 3s lipos. Should be around 30 amps in the air and acceptable rpms, but I have not flown it yet. Electrics for ssc essentially look like 300-350 watts to produce similar results as their IC counterparts. Keep in mind that electrics are not allowed in SSC at this time. I flew in one contest with approval from the RCCA board and the contest CD. The electrics I flew were very comparable to their IC counterparts with some faster than the electric, and some slower. In short, it can work, but is probably too expensive at this point.

Return to “Upcoming Electric Combat Smack Downs”