2/5 Valley View Field

Are you and your buddies getting together for some electric combat smack-down? Post a note with the date, time, and location so other buzz-bomber wanna-be's know where it's happening!

Moderator: hbartel

Ed Kettler

2/5 Valley View Field

Post by Ed Kettler »

The weather looks good for Saturday. How about 10-12 at Valley View for some flight test and streamer chasing? Lee and I will be there.

Also, possibly some flying on Sunday afternoon, dependent on the WX forecast.

Ed
gunfighter

Post by gunfighter »

Unfortunately, I'm tied up this weekend with a big swap meet. Ya'll don't have too much fun!
I hope to make the N.Dallas meet next weekend just to watch (I don't have a 2548 plane at present). Ed - do you think we would have time to fly some electric there? If so, I'll bring my planes.
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Chuck,

We plan to fly electrics too, weather/wind permitting. I have a loaner P-47N that you can fly with us in 2548. Looking forward to seeing you!

Ed
gunfighter

Post by gunfighter »

Ed - I'd hate to beat you with your own plane!...[:D]
Bladder or standard tank? - I'll bring some equipment!
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Standard tank, OS 25FX, JR Radio. Not pretty but functional. Travis flew it at Sulphur last year. I'll get it ready this weekend.

I don't care if you beat me, just don't hit me! I don't want to fix two planes!!!!

Ed
gunfighter

Post by gunfighter »

Did ya'll get to fly today? What were the results?
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Lee and I were there for about an hour and a half, and Roy graced us with his presence for about a half hour.

The Me-109 flew very well with little trim changes, and Lee and I had a blast with it. On flight two, for some reason on climb out it glitched out and knocked the wing off, but it is repaired now so I will try to fly it again tomorrow. I'm very happy with it, just need to get more comfortable with the plane ... I have to fly it close to see it, and I'm not used to having things buzzing in that close ... yet.

Lee had his coro and velcro Me-109 up first, and that is a very slick setup! The side hinges up and all the electronics are readily accessable. Close it and the velcro fasteners keep it nice and tight and hides all the wires. Very innovative, Lee.

Lee had his coro wing Mustang up, initially on a 2 cell. He had some clear covering on the bottom of the wing, and the plane flies great! He put a 3 cell on it and OMG! [:D][8D] Talk about obscene performance! He cautioned on dives to go to very low power otherwise you could over-rev and start shedding blades! A three cell could tame the Texas winds up to 20 mph.

We both had things to do in the afternoon, so it was a short session. Lee plans to get together with Velcro Willcox tomorrow, and I may join them. I've got another project I'm trying to complete plus prep for the 12th.

Still waiting for the decals to complete the plane. Swung by Mike's Hobbies on the way home, but no joy. They did have a cool 'robot wars' contest going, though.

See you next Saturday!
Ed
gunfighter

Post by gunfighter »

Sounds like ya'll had fun! Wish I could have ben there insteead of where I was!
See you next weekend.

Return to “Upcoming Electric Combat Smack Downs”