Limited B: Not so limited

This is the thread to aid in development of new ideas and classes. Post working rules and gather feedback!

Moderator: hbartel

Feathers

Post by Feathers »

Danny,

I appreciate your comments. I think you're right- often misunderstanding is the result of miscommunication. It's like we're all standing around looking at the same rather ordinary dog yet we all describe it differently. The guy with a Poodle at home describes how it looks rather large and ferocious. The guy with the Pit Bull at home thinks it looks rather meek and timid. The guy with the German Shorthair feels the dog has no real merit, as it probably won’t hunt as well as the one he already has. Nobody agrees and nobody is wrong.

I find it frustrating to read posts that I feel are slanted against Limited B simply because the author likes SSC. If someone likes SSC they should find some place to post the positives about SSC and explain why they like it. It seems that some have decided to simply post negatives about a class that others might enjoy as much or more in hopes of keeping other folks from trying it. At least, that’s what the dog looks like from here. [B)]
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

With the armor of today and the speeds of the original (old)B class engines I thought it would be a class EVERYONE could enjoy(with durable/dependable engines). My thoughts were that Limited-B would be the 2548 of Open.
THend

Post by THend »

Actually, Limited B at the moment, is not for me. BUT, I know of at least 8 pilots who may be interested. They walked away from combat when I and others showed up with rigs that totally dominated them. However, they are a fun bunch and would probably go for it knowing that the field is level, and the planes durable. I'd never promise anyone too much longevity with a combat plane, but I could promise them a fair fight. Of my few years in combat, I have learned that most average combat guys want to feel they have a chance. Some of us don't care and will push the limits, but there are those who enjoy the game for just the game, and I bet this may be the answer. Now, I also believe that SSC would fill the niche for these guys too, so it will be up to them. I need to start running contests again..
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

Terry hit the nail on the proverbial head... HOLD CONTESTS. That is the most important thing. Who ever holds contests will drive interest in the area. If there are Limited B contests in the area that is what will become flown. If it is SSC that is what will be flown. Ditto all the classes. If you really want to develop a class hold contests for it.
mark s

Post by mark s »

Tim,

Please don’t misunderstand what I was saying. I do think that limited B will take off and I’m planning on building some planes for it. But, a group of guys have an official event, fly 4 rounds, state their honest opinion and you get:<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Good thing you know so much after flying it one time. THAT'S GREAT !<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">. Do you have to fly 20 rounds before you can state your opinion? Lou is right, you need to fly contest! And after flying these contest we should all provide feedback on what we think.

Now, back to Havoc. I do think the weather had a lot to do with what they were seeing. With 35 mph winds even my GWS slow stick would have looked fast going down wind.

Mark "Roid" Schofield
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Mark if Limited-B is not your thing that's fine. I'm kinda glad it's not,and if I hurt your feeling, Im SO SO Sorry.You'll get over it.
Feathers

Post by Feathers »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Please don’t misunderstand what I was saying. I do think that limited B will take off and I’m planning on building some planes for it. But, a group of guys have an official event, fly 4 rounds, state their honest opinion and you get:
quote:
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Good thing you know so much after flying it one time. THAT'S GREAT !
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

I'll grant you that Jimbo could have spent more time trying to craft his words into something that more perfectly reflected his feelings? I’ve never met him- seems like a good sort- but I don’t think he’s currently holding any political office (just a guess?). I’m sure what he meant to say was:

“Though your opinions are of interest and valuable, it would be premature to merit speculation as to the long-term benefits of the class after such a cursory, fleeting, and abridged-due to inferior climatic conditions- competition.â€
drewjet

Post by drewjet »

WOW I need some hip boots to wade through that...well said. Are you a politician?
jfromm

Post by jfromm »

Wow, I'll have to buy some hip boot too!!

Feathers,

It looks like I'm going to have to make one of your meets soon.
boiler

Post by boiler »

Jay, the rest of us have hip boots for protection from the combat emperor smack.[:D][:D][:D]
Feathers

Post by Feathers »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">WOW I need some hip boots to wade through that...well said. Are you a politician<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Only a lack of motivation, good looks, and charisma has prevented me from becoming President of the US!

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">Feathers,

It looks like I'm going to have to make one of your meets soon.<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

You're in luck- we have a contest coming up June 4th and 5th. We've never had RCCA Royalty before but we could stop by Burger King and pick up a couple of extra crowns in case yours falls off your head as you bow your head in dismay at how meager your skills appear at the largest RCCA event in Wisconsin! [:D]
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Thanks Tim. You took the words right out of my mouth. Yea, that's what I wanted to say. :)

Return to “Proposed Provisional Classes”