Webra 25

Tell us what you do to get the best performance from your engines.

Moderator: hbartel

Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

Guys, we're getting some concerns raised about the safety of the MAS 9x4 props on the Webras. The manufacturer's recommended max rpm is 17.7K (160,000/9). We will have a supply of APC 9x3 props at the NATS for purchase at below retail prices ($2 each). The George Cleveland props are rated at 25K, and the APCs are 21.1 (190,000/9).

<b><font color="red">7/6/05 Update: We have clearance from Windsor to run the MAS 9x4 props to 19.5K. Please see the Soapbox for details</font id="red"></b>

Ed
Pathous

Post by Pathous »

I checked today to see if a magnum 25 head shim would fit the webra. It seems to be the correct size.[:D]

Scott
Air Scharnell

Post by Air Scharnell »

Well ive got one of those [:D], thanks for the idea Scott.
Of course in our thin AIR I will stick with the APC.
I found that it pulls better in the turns. The Webra doesnt sound likes its taching up . But the performance is with testing.

By the way Scott did you have too change anything on your birds once you got back home?

My birds I had too turn down the elevator throws. 1500 ft in elevatation, makes a differencs.

Just wondering.

Franks S
Pathous

Post by Pathous »

I didnt have to make any change.
Air Scharnell

Post by Air Scharnell »

Pathous, good too hear that.
Well its 4 weeks and counting down till the Dogfight over Aurora.
I should have enough time too put 3 NEW Avengers together 964.
And get 1 tuned with the Webra again. Will be testing a NEW Webra on a Go Devil tomorrow, if it fly's well. We should be able too do some tach testing with different props. And see which pulls better.