Nats Results

This is the big one ladies and gents, the AMA Nats

Moderator: hbartel

Dane McGee

Nats Results

Post by Dane McGee »

Surely in this age where everyone has a cell phone stuck in his ear and almost everyone has a laptop with wireless connection, someone could cough up a few results???

Thanks to Lou for the first day results, but by golly inquiring minds wanna know the rest of the story[:D]
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

Here are the scores:

<font face="Arial"><font size="4">Open B:</font id="size4"></font id="Arial">

<font size="4"><font face="Arial">2610:</font id="Arial"></font id="size4">

<font size="4"><font face="Arial">SSC:</font id="Arial"></font id="size4">

<font size="4"><font face="Arial">2548:</font id="Arial"></font id="size4">
<font face="Arial">

<font size="4">North versus South Cup Challenge:</font id="Arial"></font id="size4">

Dane McGee

Post by Dane McGee »

Thanks Lou[:D]
boiler

Post by boiler »

Great job Lou. You, Don, and Rick worked your tails off during the NATS. Without people like that the NATS wouldn't happen. My only question is how the State of Colorado became part of the South. As I said before,"The South will never admit they lost the war and the North will never admit we lost the cup" We Yanks have several pockets of new growth and one of them produced a 5th place finish in SSC. Next year the South is going down big time. If Andy had been there this year you would have gone down even with Colorado annexed to the South. At least you gave the cup a resting place for a year in a true Northern state of Colorado. It'll take a while to get the smell of grits out of it though.[:D]
Air Scharnell

Post by Air Scharnell »

I would say Colorado is NOT apart of the south.
Since you have a lower elevation. We should be apart of our own class.
Last I remember a compass HAS 4 points. [:D] ( just my opinion )

Thanks for the score posting.
Since Tom Neff is from Colorado a BIG CONGRATS too Tom for a JOB well done.
I wish more of US could have been there.

Congrats too ALL the pilots [8D]
And a BIG THANK YOU, too the AMA and the RCCA for holding a GREAT CONTEST

Frank S
Parker, CO
Mile HI RC Club
COLORADO COMBAT SQUADRON
RH

Post by RH »

The historical research I have done states that Colorado was a Northern Territory at the time of the war.

rh
jj

Post by jj »

Gee, and I thought we (Colorado) were part of the West! [:)]
RH

Post by RH »

Hey, let's seceed...

rh
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

<font size="4"><font face="Arial">I agree that if we had a North/South/East/West cup then Colorado would have flown for the West. In this event we had set up a North vs. South Challenge. Next year if enough folks want to form up as teams on some other basis than simply North vs. South, we can do it. Now you might find it surprising to learn that there really is a historical precedent for calling Colorado a "Southern" affiliate, (although somewhat slim) as noted below.

From www.coloradoscv.org</font id="Arial"></font id="size4">

<i><b>History
Many Confederate soldiers formed into militia groups during the War for Southern Independence in Colorado. They include: Fairplay Unit, Leadville Unit, Denver Unit, and Maces Hole. Col John Heffiner was the highest ranking Confederate to operate in the state. He and his officers were forming a regiment at Maces Hole in 1862, until broken up by federals from Ft. Garland. The Reynolds Gang operated in South Park in 1864. Col. In 1939, the 49th National Reunion of the United Confederate Veterans (UCV) met in Trinidad, with over 5,000 veterans attending. Also represented were the SCV, the United Daughters of the Confederacy (UDC) and the MOSB.

Confederate Graves
We have identified approximately 425 Confederate soldiers, ranking from privates to colonels, that are buried throughout Colorado. Many Confederates returned to Colorado or came West after the War for Southern Independence and contributed in many positive ways to our Colorado communities.</b></i>
zeek

Post by zeek »

<i><b>The Reynolds Gang operated in South Park in 1864.</b></i>

You mean there REALLY IS a South Park in Colorado????????
Web-Pilot

Post by Web-Pilot »

Lou,

Well your fuzzy math wins again. Colorado will be happy to hold the cup for the next year, no matter who's math gets used!

Yes Zeek,there really is a South Park in Colorado, and it is the inspiration for the TV show. I have not watched it much, but I think it shows Colorado sort of like Lou's fuzzy math, not long on the truth. :):):)

George
jj

Post by jj »

Well George, I've spent a lot of time in South Park, CO, and the show is pretty accurate. The show's creators grew up in Fairplay. Windy as all heck and friggin cold. South Park is a huge flat high plains at 10,000 ft surrounded by 13 and 14,000ft mountains.

Great for slope combat. Also excellent for Trout Fishing until the wind kicks up.

However we group things for the challenge it is good to see some lively combat at the Nats.
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

Lou abdicated as "Cup Emperor" after years of doing a fine job. I have been blessed with the responsibility of gerrymandering the pilot groupings for next year, and of course I will do it in the fairest way possible that still ensures a Northern victory. Once the scores are available, it will be easier to doctor them for the result we seek. In the meantime, I will be open to suggestions on how we do the N-S demarcation. I have a few ideas I will float past the membership at some future time.
watchyerback

Post by watchyerback »

FYI on the N vs. S scores. If Lou was trying to fudge the scores he probably wouldn't have shorted me on 240 points[B)].

Scott we should use a latitude line or plot out everyones home base on a map and draw a "line in the sand"[}:)].
sgilkey

Post by sgilkey »

Darin, one thing I can't figger out is Lou accommodated EVERY suggestion/request/demand/crazy idea/plea we made on the N vs. S split and yet no matter what we guilted/twisted his arm him into doing, we still lost! So it MUST be him doctoring the scores, because we ALL know the N, having the handsomest and most charming (though admittedly least-tan) pilots, should have WON WON WON WON. It CAN'T be that the Rebs outflew the Yanks, can it??? c'mon?!?!?! That's why it was called the "North-South Combat Cup" with North being listed first, we all knew the North should have it and the South would forever be the challenger. But something strange happened.... We'll get it figured out, though. We have a year to work on it. Oh, and one other thing, I would like it NOTED that we, the honorable NORTH, noted and pointed out to Lou a HUGE scoring error that was grossly in favor of the North. 'course, we were STILL LOSING even with the error, so it was easy to do the honorable thing in that case.....and one final note, not only were we burdened with the Combat Emperor dragging down our scores, we also did not have the benefit of my HUGE contribution. If I fly at the next N vs. S match, it will be a lock for the N. Plus if we can get the Combat Emperor to move to Georgia instead of Michigan, it will TANK the South.

Return to “AMA RC Combat Nationals”