BRCC Club Combat July 31,2005

Club combat? Dogfighting with buddies? Let's hear about it!

Moderator: hbartel

Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

I thought it was on a Sat. not Sun.
That's OK, I'll be there anyway. I'll bring some wing cores to sell too. SpecB stuff.
thojo

Post by thojo »

Looks like my sunday just freed up. Be nice to fly something beefier than a .15 for a change. I'll have my Open B stuff. I will be bringing 2 Mig-3 and 2 P-39 eCombat kits with me to the field at $45 a piece, see me at the field if your interested... I'll have my latest eMig-3 available for test flights during the day.
BigCountry

Post by BigCountry »

Cool...be good to see you Joe....well and take your streamer [;)]

See ya' then
Grun-Herz-Geschwader

Post by Grun-Herz-Geschwader »

Hey Guys,

I should have mentioned earlier channels 43 and 50 are bad at our field and not allowed.

Glad you can make it over Thojo!

We will have the PA going, so you guys can hear my judge call my cuts![:p]
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

What cuts?
BigCountry

Post by BigCountry »

Just wanted to say a big thanks to Grun and the rest of the Beaumont Club for hosting a great day of combat. We had anywhere from 8-10 guys flying during the day and had some great fun and I think even hooked a few more folks on combat. I think Thojo came over from Houston and took top place for the day but it was more about having a good time which I definitely did. Thanks again....hopefully we'll see some pics here soon..
Pat_Willcox

Post by Pat_Willcox »

Ditto on Big County's comments. Fun day of chasing streamers. Good food also.
Grun-Herz-Geschwader

Post by Grun-Herz-Geschwader »

<font size="3"><b>Battlefield "Beaumont"</b> </font id="size3">

Tale of the tape,six rounds, starting with eleven pilots.

1.Joe "Thojo" Thompson 7 cuts

2.Travis "BigCountry" Hanson 6 cuts

3.Jim "Jimbo" Bin(I'm not even going to try to spell it) 5 cuts

4.Charles "GrunHerz" Warren 4 cuts

5. Pat"Das Element" Wilcox 3 cuts

6. Pat "9 lives" Carre 3 cuts

7-11 fourway tie!

<font size="3"><b>Thanks</b></font id="size3"> for Joe, Pat, Travis, and Jimbo for making the ride over and taking it easy on the new guys!
The newbies are fired up and getting ready for the next meet!
[:D]

Here is the group picture and there are some more on my website.
BigCountry

Post by BigCountry »

Grun,

It was Jimbo and I's pleasure to come fly with you and the rest of the Beaumont crew. We had a great time and enjoyed getting out and flying some combat again finally. It had been a long time for the both of us....

We'll put our heads together and come up with a kit price for those flatbat SpecB planes....I like the name SwampRat but we'll see what Jimbo thinks [;)]

Anyway thanks again for all the hospitality and we're looking forward to doing it again. Just let us know when the next one will be and I'm pretty sure you'll see both of us there!!
Cajun

Post by Cajun »

Grun and All. Looks like you guys had a great time. Wish I had been there. Congratulations on a fun meet.

I wasn't in a condition to walk Sunday after helping wire our new field shed Saturday. BUT, I'll be ready for the next one. Keep me informed.

With a little rain, our new field will be ready for such a meet late fall if enough are willing.[^]
thojo

Post by thojo »

Grun, thanks for hosting combat on sunday, had a great time flying with your group. Hope we can help promote combat in your area and maybe get a rivalry going between beaumont, sulphur and houston. As I was telling Pat, I haven't seen that must coroplast since November!! [:)]
BigCountry

Post by BigCountry »

Great to hear Cajun...I'm sure a bunch of us would gladly head up there for some fun. Especially if you could coax the likes of EvilMike, Landshark and Woody out....

The guys in Beaumont really seemed to like the Spec/Limited B stuff most of us were flying. Thojo had his Sidewinders set up pretty much Limited B style as did Pat with his Falcons. I flew a combination of my WASP's set up LimitedB and my SpecB flatbats. Jimbo flew his SpecB flatbats all day and none of the new guys from Beaumont seemed to worried about the speed or anything. Everyone really seemed to enjoy themselves and like Grun said I'm pretty sure we've got some budding combat junkies on our hands [:D] I know the LARKS crew would definitely "give up" the field for a Saturday for a fun day of combat like that so maybe we'll look into holding one there at some point also.

Thanks again to Grun for getting those combat juices flowing and to his lovely wife for the great lunch!!!
Cajun

Post by Cajun »

Sounds good BC. We're basically flying LimB here on the weekends, Flat Bats with 48"x11" wings and stock 25 motors. Some coro and some foam wings. Good fun planes to fly. About the same speed as SSC without the furball.

Hopefully I'll be totally mobile again in 30-60 days and look forward to some action in Sulphur, Beaumont, Nacogdoches, or wherever. Since SSC is still in rule making limbo (caught between the rock and a hard place) perhaps it's time for us to give LimB a shot. Hell, we've been flying it at all of the club fields with no name for years.

Thanks a lot Grun for getting the competitive juices flowing again in SE Texas. We can keep it going.[:p] The old Nac crew is deep into raising kids right now (or maybe their just skeered) but I have some new blood coming on.

We'll definately have something in the works at Nacogdoches in the fall.[^]
Jimbo

Post by Jimbo »

Thanks GRUN, I had a great time. Do I get a prize for 5 midairs with no damage ?
BigCountry

Post by BigCountry »

Yeah....your prize is you get to come help me fix all the damage from my mid-airs and dirt naps [;)] Hey nobody said it wasn't a booby prize [:p]

That sounds good Cajun....it would be nice to get some activity brewing in this area again. Jim and I are mostly like the guys in Beaumont these days....we just want to fly combat and enjoy ourselves. If we get the urge to fly for NPS points we can find an event somewhere....

Return to “Sport Combat Issues”