Whos got an interesting P40 paint scheme?

All things related to 2548 Scale

Moderator: hbartel

NAES

Whos got an interesting P40 paint scheme?

Post by NAES »

I'm gonna be puttin a couple together and would rather stay away from the sharks mouth scheme.

What choo guys got stashed in your image libraries?

NAES
Ed Kettler

Post by Ed Kettler »

NAES,

Try out Wings Palette at http://wp.scn.ru/en/ww2/f/375 for their P-40s. They have 113 schemes, including a couple with big skulls!

Ed
D-mon

Post by D-mon »

What version of the P-40 are you building? The early B/C, mid-production E or the later, long-tailed F through N?

I've got a TON of P-40 profiles & images. Narrow it down for me and I'll email you all I have on what you've got.

D
NAES

Post by NAES »

Ed, thank you for that link. Lots of very cool paint schemes.

Darin, I'll let you know what version I'm building when I receive my fuses.

NAES
Bender

Post by Bender »

But they all copy right protected. Can we use such photos for contest?
jj

Post by jj »

From what I read most of those pictures are public domain and not copyright protected. If it has a copyright you need to get permission from the copyright owner.
D-mon

Post by D-mon »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Bender</i>
<br />But they all copy right protected. Can we use such photos for contest?<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Yes, under the "fair use" rules. Basically, as long as you're using copyright-protected materials for historical discussion or documentation - and not trying to make money by using the materials- it is all legal to use.

NAES,
Cool. I'll be standing by.[:)]

D
Bender

Post by Bender »

In other words: any pilot can print photo (protected with copyrights) and use it as documentation for his models, but not for sale. Correct?
montague

Post by montague »

Yes, that is correct.

However, if you post it on your website, even if you aren't getting paid for it, then it's a violation.

There are a lot of sites out there with material posted that is in violation of the copyright. But if you print it yourself and use it for something like our contest documentation, you're fine.

But if a kit maker included the pictures in their kit, that would be a violation.