elimiate sticky in 2548

This is a private forum for the Rules Committee

Moderator: hbartel

Hat Trick

elimiate sticky in 2548

Post by Hat Trick »

Brief summary of your proposed change:
Delete use of sticky materials as a means of increasing streamer cuts.

Impacted Events:
o 2105 Scale o 2610 Scale
o Open A o Open B o Open C
o SSC o Limited B x 2548 Scale
o Other: ______________________________________

Exact wording proposed for the rulebook. List paragraph where applicable.
Replace section 3.3: Current Wording:
3.3 Artificial Devices/Substances.
There will be no structures, roughened leading edges, or other devices allowed on the model that could aid in the cutting of an opponent’s streamer. Sticky fluids, sticky pastes and tape are allowed.
Proposed Wording:
3.3 Artificial Devices/Substances.
There will be no structures, roughened leading edges, sticky fluids, sticky pastes, tape or other devices allowed on the model that could aid in the cutting of an opponent’s streamer.
Logic for proposed change, including alleged shortcomings of the present rules. State your intent for future reference.
Sticky materials usage was carried over during the initial rules development, despite some strong preferences by several folks to disallow use. The materials are messy and also damage the finish on some planes, as well as permanently soiling clothes and automobiles. Elimination would also reduce opportunity targets of streamers draped on wings, dropping the carnage rate due to the close passes required to cut draped streamer.
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

I like sticky stuff as it makes scoring easier and allows for more cuts.

I'm not real opposed to eliminating it in 2548 though.
montague

Post by montague »

I think it's too early to do this. I'd rather let the class mature a bit first.

Getting rid of sticky will drive down points and make those 20 scale points that much more important. I don't think that is necessarily a good thing.

Also, I think it will speed the formation of the furball in this class. I expect that performance will increase in the near future, and we will see planes furballing just like in every other class. Getting rid of sticky will make these furballs last longer and the results will not be pretty. At least that's one possable outcome.

So, I'd wait on this for now.
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

I agree with you guys on this.

Return to “Rules Committee Forum”