Atlanta area folks

If you're new to combat, you probably have a bunch of question. Check here first, 'cuz its most likely been asked before. (..and there's no such thing as a stupid question).

Moderator: hbartel

Captain America

Atlanta area folks

Post by Captain America »

Where do you guys fly around atlanta? Ive got some cousins down that way looking for a bit of help getting started. They are in the Cummings and dahlonga area a ways north of alpheretta. looking for a field close by to send them to to get a little help. I cant get down there often enough to lend a hand. Looking for a club down that way willing to help a newby get up and running.
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

Captain America,
My home field is Georgia Model Aviators, north of Cumming. Try www.gmarc.com or point them towards www.georgiacombat.com. I will be glad to help in every way. I live in Alpharetta.
Captain America

Great, Matt is in the military service there and is looking to get into flying. I helped prep the trainer while i was down there last but did not get to fly it. Ill see if i can get him to stop in at your field and get some help.
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

You can also have him call me. My office is 770-326-1415, Cell is 770-241-6001, home is 770-521-1889, email either LMelancon@ikon.com or georgiacombat@yahoo.com

I will be out of town this week but able to help any time. He can fly as my guest at our flying field. We also have buddy boxes if he needs insruction.
Captain America

I will pass your info along to Matt. I dont know what his schedule is this fall but dad is headed down to see them this weekend and might be able to get him pumped up again.

Thanks

Sean
Thaman

Post by Thaman »

I am also a member of GMA and i am a trainer at the field and would love to do a little training. My cell# is 770 548 7727 ask for Chris
Dreaded Skull

Post by Dreaded Skull »

Whats up Cap. If you guys wanna join in we have a field and a pretty good group of combat grunts!.....some old vets, some newbies!

Come on out and visit the field. You can find us at www.gmarc.com

We can also hook you up with some gear.....streamer cutting machines!

Be sure to visit www.screamingeaglerc.com too[:o)]

SKULL MAN
Captain America

Thanks Guys, I sent a link to this site and topic to Matt, hopefully we can draw him in here and get him started off with your help. Next time i get down that way i will try to look up your field.

Thanks again

Sean
Alex Treneff

Post by Alex Treneff »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by Dreaded Skull</i>
<br />Be sure to visit www.screamingeaglerc.com too[:o)]
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

Is that the right link? I went to see what was there, and it doesn't look like r/c.
Thaman

Post by Thaman »

Dawg

Post by Dawg »

Be sure to pass along our Hilltop Site http://www.hilltopflyers.com. We are located in Loganville and they might want to visit our place on Oct 22 for the Terror at Hilltop Combat event.
Captain America

I passed that on to Matt as well, he is headed out tonight to locate the site in cumming and is going to try to check out the hiltop event this weekend if all goes well.

Check out the radio, I looked it over last time i was down. I believe it is an AM unit. We have guys that still run them and im not sure what the official AMA stand on AM units is but im trying to locate a used skysport or quattro setup to get him updated a little bit. Get him a list of what he needs to get started and ill se if i can help him find the stuff. If your group is anything like ours, someone probably has spare stuff laying around they want to be rid of.

Thanks for the help and i will make it down there to mix it up with you guys sooner or later.

Sean
boiler

Post by boiler »

I got a skysport or two or three. I also have a ex6a or whatever the computer 6 channel is. Got some futaba 7 channel receivers as well.
Captain America

Thanks Bob, thats good to know. I hope you have better luck down south this weekend. Go get 'em!
boiler

Post by boiler »

Had a lot better luck down South. I told you Yankees that the rebs are easy. In the first round I cut Darrin twice. Had some trouble in a few rounds but overall I got 6th place in a field of 18 pilots. Out of all the rounds of ssc I've flown this year. I got one that can go into my top 20 average.[:)]