Look what the Czechs are up to...

Moderator: hbartel

Lou Melancon

Look what the Czechs are up to...

Post by Lou Melancon »

<font face="Arial"><font size="3"><font color="red">Kicked this one back to the top for those who like Scale Planes and build alongs.</font id="red"></font id="size3"></font id="Arial">

<font size="4"><font face="Arial">Can you guess the plane? It is going to be kitted in the Czech Republic. I want one of these....</font id="Arial"></font id="size4">

<center>Image</center>
Bob Leone

Post by Bob Leone »

Its a combat plane!!!!!
Bob Leone

Post by Bob Leone »

Oh, I'm sorry, its a blue combat plane!!!!
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

Right on both counts Bob. There is no way we are going to put anything over on you.
Bob Leone

Post by Bob Leone »

Now that we figured out what it is. How about specs. and how much they are going for.
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

Bob,
There web site says "coming soon". A 1/12th Boeing XF8B would have a span of 54". This one looks like a glass fuse, with wood sheeted foam wings. No price yet, I sent an email asking for delivery dates and pricing and will let you know.
rdc767

Post by rdc767 »

Strangely familiar!

Ron
NAES

Post by NAES »

I thought the nose art said "Boring" at first.
Hat Trick

Post by Hat Trick »

Looks like Aces is going down the same road we did. They'll soon have nothing but odd balls that are competative too.
Lee Liddle

Post by Lee Liddle »

Oddballs and attack planes.

Lou, it looks like nice work, but where are you going to fly it?
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

Hi Lee,
I have five of the Czech kits that need to be built: a ME209H1, a Firebrand, C3603, TA152, and Mig 3. All are very nice planes and will fly fine with an .25 and standard muffler.

There isn't much scale activity in the Southeast. My plan is to build the planes over the winter months and take them out to our flying field to show folks WWII Scale Combat planes. I don't know if the Boeing above or the kits I just listed will ever fly in combat. But I do love scale planes and the ones I have are just begging to be built.

I don't know what Scale event we will have at Dixie next year. In 2005 it was an easier decision because 2610 and 2548 planes could fly together. Right now I am leaning back towards pure 2610. I don't think its a really big deal because for the last two years we have had 9 and 10 entrants in scale respectively, so I don't think one class versus another will have much impact on participation.

If a source of kits like those from the Czech Republic came available it might help scale combat participation. I sold my F4U Corsair that I flew at Paris in 2004 to a fellow combat flier a couple of months ago and now have gotten several calls and emails from folks wanting to know where they can get one after seeing his fly. They might not be interested in combat but they seem to really like the scale planes.
THend

Post by THend »

If'n you could scale up a fronline fighter, it would be a dead issue!

Every now and then that dead horse has a reflex kick![:p]
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

<font size="4"><font face="Arial">Some really excellent 1/12th Scale Fighters are manufactured in the Czech Republic.

Tonight I unpacked the Hyzik Models Me209H-V1. This one came from Neal Rohrke's excellent Waverly RC Scale Combat site. I really miss that man and his planes!

Here's what it looks like:

<center>Image</center>

You can probably see that the wing is completely fiberglass. When it was manufactured wooden spars were installed inside along with wooden LE/TE for the ailerons. The ailerons use the top of the wing skin as the hinge.

<center>Image</center>

The Me209H-V1 had a top speed of 460mph, used a 2,000 HP DB627 engine and spanned almost 50 ft.

<center>Image[/</center></font id="Arial"></font id="size4">
rdc767

Post by rdc767 »

That 209 screams for norvel on a mac pipe!!!!! LOL!!!!

The wing looks like a bat trick wing. I bet it loops and cuts it own streamer!!! Way too much airplane for a ogc member!
Ron
Lou Melancon

Post by Lou Melancon »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by rdc767</i>
<br /> Way too much airplane for a ogc member!
Ron
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></font id="quote"></blockquote id="quote">

You are right Ron, but at least an OGC builder can handle the construction tasks.